One word please!

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by czechchris, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. czechchris

    czechchris Well-Known Member

    Please can someone translate the English medical term: phlebotomist for me?
  2. wer

    wer Well-Known Member

    To Czech?

    Maybe "flebotomista" but I think we have no such word. We desribe it by periphrasis. "Somebody who perform phlebotomy" = "někdo, kdo provádí flebotomii".

    phlebotomy = flebotomie = chirurgické otevření žíly
  3. czechchris

    czechchris Well-Known Member

    Thanks for that, Wer.

    Fronek's dictionary didn't have it listed, I suppose because it is a technical medical term.

Share This Page