Ostrava's accent

Discussion in 'General Language' started by gementricxs, Aug 21, 2006.

1. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

I found a nice blog of someone from Ostrava. Blog. It's written in Ostrava's accent, actually I think it's little bit exaggerated, but it gives nice example what ostrava's accent is. I don't think that you understand most of it, if you aer just learning Czech, but you can give it a try.

2. Ájík

Ájík Well-Known Member

hey, this is more than exaggerated. When I was reading it I had a goosebumps. :evil: .... pah!!!!

3. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

the fact that it's written phonnetically (i.e. everything is written exactly the way it is pronounced) makes it look exagerated but when you try to read it aloud you'll hear that people in ostrava actually do speak like that.
    I love that blog btw.

4. Rommie

Rommie Well-Known Member

Hey!
    Guys, ease down. We actually DON´T speak like that! I´ve lived all my life in Ostrava and I´ve never met anyone who speak like this! :evil:
    It´s a combination of Polish, Slovak and old czech dialect and some people from old generation (usually cold miners) speak this way but not the rest.
    We do shorten, we speak quickly but NOT some substandard awful language mix! :?

5. Danny

Danny Member