paying for health insurance while in USA

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by switch, Sep 5, 2005.

  1. switch

    switch New Member

    I have a problem and hope someone can help, I am a citizen of the USA and my wife, who is a citizen of the Czech Republic, need some information. My wife was with me in the USA from March of 2005 till July of 2005 at wich time she needed to go home to tend to a family emergency. She has been covered by my insurance company since we were married in Sept of 2004. My problem comes in that we do not want to have to pay insurance premiums to the Czech Republic for the time she was in the USA. I got a letter from my insurance company stating she was covered during that time and mailed it to her but she was told that she needed to " sign off" before she left for the USA. Can anyone suggest something I can do to avoid these premiums
  2. Tamara

    Tamara Member

    I am sorry my husband and I went through the same thing. The only way she can get out of paying is for her to have been in school during that time.
    If you have any more questions we may be able to help you.

Share This Page