Perfect ending

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by asmithnc, Dec 16, 2008.

1. asmithnc

asmithnc Member

I had the joy of spending 10 weeks in Brno and meet so many nice people. I cannot say enough on how I was treated. I expected one thing but left my mind open and clear and saw the beauty of a wonderful country. I never went hungry and never went thirsty but I did have two left feet some nights walking to the hotel.
    I tried my best to blend in but once I opened my mouth.... well you know! I rarely had an issue even at a resturant. Let me add I always ventured away from the city center to eat and the menus were not in english. I tried my best to speak in Czech to order but the wait staff always made sure I got what I wanted. And if I had a small issue I would find a Czech local and offer to buy them a beer for translation help. Some of the locals have turned in to friends for life.

My last night in Brno started off with a package waiting for me in my room. In the package was a shirt custom made for me by a Czech Friend. This was the perfect ending to a perfect trip.

[​IMG]

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you had a good time. :)

3. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Wonderful story, asmithnc. I particularly liked the idea of buying a beer for someone in exchange for a bit of help with the language!

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

I like the shirt! Just so I get it straight, the items listed below in parentheses and smaller print, those are in order of priority, right? :lol:

5. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

Yes it's a great idea!
    Buying beer is so darn complicated here though, with the whole pay a single bill at the end of the night thing. What's the way around this if you want to buy drink for your friends without them protesting?

6. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

I'm glad you had a good time. I like your t-shirt as well.

7. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Perhaps if you say before you start that you have invited them so you will pay? I think they respect the idea that if you invite someone out, that person will pay.

8. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

...or you can sneak away from the table just before the bill is due and settle up before they can do anything about it. :wink:

Right, Gina?

9. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

From Gina and Glenn's last two comments I'm going to really go out on a limb here and deduce that one of them paid the tab for the gathering a while back at the now world reknowned Pivovaršký Klub.

Yea, nice tee shirt.. Guess you can't go wrong buying someone a beer.
    I admire the free spirited world travelers.