Please Help- Researching My Moravian / Brno Grandmother

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by ajb85, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ajb85

ajb85 New Member

Hello All at the My Czech Republic Message Boards!

My mother sadly passed away, but I have her Rodny List and on it has her mothers name as well as grandmothers name. They were from Brno, and I would like to know how I can find out more information about them. I am not aware of, nor have a connection with any relatives in the Czech Republic.

I do not know Czech so the language barrier makes things difficult. I am not sure when I will be traveling the the Czech Republic either. So I need to be able to research by internet, mail & phone.

My mother was not raised by her biological mother, so no information was passed down to me. My grandmother was born in the 1920's. I would like to find out general information such as whether or not she is still alive, if not where she may be buried, her religious background etc. The same information for my great- grandmother.

Anyone have any ideas or links? If you have links in Czech only that is OK- I have family that can interpret that for me.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Here is a link (unfortunately only in Czech) to the Archives in Brno, specifically to the group that help researchers. The price for research varies from 260 to 440 Czech Crowns (abt. $13 to $22, US) per hour, depending on difficulty.

3. ajb85

ajb85 New Member

Thank you Sova~

This is exactly what I needed.

Your help is very much appreciated :D