Praha - Holesovice to airport

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by smcraggs, Mar 22, 2007.

1. smcraggs

smcraggs Member

Hi,
    please can someone help me out and tell me how i can get from the praha holesovice train station to prague airport...

Thanx :D

2. geauxboy

geauxboy Well-Known Member

Not sure where you are coming from, but I think it's easier to take the subway to the bus. Take the A to the end of the line and the bus starts and stops right there. I believe the bus is #119. From Mustek, the airport is probably about a half hour away.

Maybe you know something I don't (not like I am an expert on Prague).

3. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

Try this link :)
    Terminál Sever 1 is the name of the bus station at the airport.
    Nádraží Holešovice = the train station
    Specify better time of day than me, this is partly a night connection, not using Metro 8)

4. smcraggs

smcraggs Member

im travelling from Dresden hbf in east germany and when i do a search it says the end stop is praha holeovice... i looked on map and if im lookin at the right thing its a distance from the airport... i might b totally wrong tho...

5. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

The airport is a good distance from Holešovice train station. You can get there using a combination of metro and bus (unless it is after midnight and the metro isn't running) but, if you have a substantial amount of luggage, you may want to consider a taxi. AAA Taxi is reliable. If you just have a backpack, then the metro/bus option is fine. You would take Metro C from the train station to Florenc, Metro B from Florenc to Mustek, Metro A from Mustek to the end of the line Dejvicka then take the 119 bus to the airport (be sure to stay on the bus until you get all the way in to the terminal - there are earlier stops).

anyway... I'd take a taxi

6. Karel_lerak

Better is to go with line C to "Museum" switching to A directly there.

7. Karel_lerak

The distance to airport is almost the same from all main Prague train stations... :)

8. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

There is a special bus called the Airport Express that connects Prague Holesovice station (Nádrazí Holešovice) and Prague Airport Terminal 1 and 2 (Terminál Sever 1 and Terminál Sever 2). You can read more about the bus on our Prague Airport Bus page (scroll down).

You can check the bus schedule using the link to IDOS that Karel provided above. The bus is marked as AE.

9. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Karel - you are right, a little more traveling but one less change

Jeff - dummy me, I didn't check - glad to see there is an express bus (no surprise, though - public transport in Prague is always so good)

10. Karel_lerak

About the cost:
    Metro, bus, tram etc. (50 min., 20.- CZK
    Airport Express (33 min.) 45.- CZK
    Taxi (25-30 min.) - about 500.- CZK

The best price/service ratio is probably the direct bus (Airport Express), you find it and the normal connection under the link I have alrady given

11. Karel_lerak

The change at Florenc from B to A is rather long - long corridors and steps, the way from C to A at Museum is a lot shorter 8) 8)