RE: what else brings anxiety to Czechs??

Discussion in 'Culture' started by ta, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ta

ta Well-Known Member

What makes me anxious ( I am Czech) is dealing with the Czech clerks. Most of them don't go by the "just say yes" mentality and it turns out to be a very unpleasant experience to deal with them. Not only you have to "kiss their behinds" throughout the whole process" but you usually come/call at the bad time and Miss so-n-so is on lunch; or she hasn't returned from her 3-hour lunch yet; or she is not ready to help you as she has to water her plans first or finish paining her nails...you get the picture.
    That's one of the things I love about America: the clerks are usually very helpful and nice!! No anxiety there!

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

That's because if they're not, there's a good chance the customer will complain to their bosses and get them fired. It's not that there's no anxiety there, it's just that it's the clerks who are anxious! :wink: (Unless we're talking about government bureaucrats--then in America it's much the same as in Czech :x ).

3. ta

ta Well-Known Member

Hey, if they are nice because they don't want to get fired, that works for me! Whatever gets the job done....

4. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

Hi Tanja,

I see that you have started a new thread regarding a topic that's currently being discussed in another thread called what make czech people anxious??? HELP. In order to keep the boards organized, we ask our community members to not start another topic to continue the same discussion. Please check our posting guidelines for more information.

Thank you,

Dana
    My Czech Republic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.