SLIVOVIC

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by stepan, Oct 31, 2007.

1. stepan

stepan Well-Known Member

We are going to Spain in a few days and my supply of Slivovic is GONE. I cannot buy it in the US. Does anyone on the Board know if it is available in Spain, particularily in Sevilla or Madrid?

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

There are stores in Chicago that sell it. Perhaps they can mail it to you. But I'm not sure with the laws about Alcohol crossing state lines.

3. stepan

stepan Well-Known Member

I gues I'll have to come to Chicago and buy it.

Maybe I will look harder in Virginia. We have ABC stores that are run by the state (thus they get the profits). I may need to visit a liquor store in Washington, DC or in Maryland.

Thanks for the tip. I will still look in Spain though.

4. Ceit

Ceit Well-Known Member

If it has to be Czech slivovice, you'll probably be out of luck in Spain. You might be able to find some other national variety though, if you go to a specialty store that imports Eastern European products for the expats/immigrants. I don't know about Sevilla, but around Madrid there's a huge concentration of Romanians and Bulgarians in Coslada, and at least one store that imports Romanian products.

5. dzurisova

Perhaps these websites can help you find stores closer to your home:

North American Czech Chamber of Commerce:
    http://www.ccrcc.net/CNACC/

Czech-American TV
    http://www.catvusa.com/index.php

If there is nothing there, perhaps you could email them and they may be able to provide you with some information.

6. dzurisova

7. dzurisova

8. marbelli

marbelli Member

hi, i'm actually from sevilla and although there are communities in the area there no romanian stores around where u can get Slivovic! There's a national department store called el corte ingles with a wide variety of international alcoholic beverage but i cant assure you if they have it you can check it out though....