Sooner than I thought...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by GlennInFlorida, May 8, 2008.

1. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

One photo is as worth as thousand words, and I really am tired (= I am not scrimshaw) to write so many, so here is the photo:

[​IMG]

You can guess who is who :), I am not posting list yet.

2. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Vypadá to jako veselá skupina lidí.
    A nejmladší člen fóru tam byl také.

3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Of course, how could she have missed such an occasion! :)

4. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Happy Belated Birthday!

5. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

:)

6. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

It was a jolly evening and I enjoyed it enomously. And think Glenn did too, which of course was the object of the exercise. It was surreal when he and Alexx walked in through the door together - as though I was reading a book and the characters in the pictures suddenly stood up and walked out of the page!

Another surreal moment was when Glenn let me listen to the voicemail he had on his phone from Scrimshaw! And Karel was there as well so we had MCR's most famous double act - apart from Jeff and Dana, of course.

Thanks, everyone, for coming and to so many of the rest of you for being such good sports - it was greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to a repeat match when Glenn's here again in September!

7. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Ok, assuming that the guy at the head of the table is Gina's husband (we all know I love to assume things) then I've got everyone peg'd save the two gentlemen in front of Glenn. :)

Will you post the list now! [​IMG]

8. Irena M

Sounds like you had a great time! :D

9. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

OK then :)

Left to right:

Dana, Jeff, Alexx, Bob (Glenn's friend), Polednikova, GlennInFlorida, Karel_lerak, kibicz

10. scrimshaw

Thanks. It's almost like we were there. :D
    To famóžní shromáždění forumových lidí.

11. phi11ip

phi11ip Well-Known Member

OK, I give in. Who took the photograph? :wink:

12. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

The waiter did :).

13. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Wrong! As you´ll have seen from Alexx´s list. I´m afraid they didn´t have the pleasure of meeting Tony because, and I´m only telling you this because of its relevance, he went to the monthly "zpívánky" we go to (because he´d promised to take a pal) which I suppose you could describe as a sort of Czech karaoke, except they play instruments and sing without a karaoke machine!

14. jen

jen Well-Known Member

Looks like it was a fun gathering...not sure if there was enough beer there, though!! :D

15. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

16. Irena M

Thank you Alexx and Jeff. :)

17. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Btw this "bonus_the_best_image_i_took_with_four_beers_in_my_veins_later_that_night.jpg" is "Obecní dům" (Municipal House) and "Prašná brána" (Powder Gate). Very similar image is Czech Televison using for one of "jingles".

This image is a proof of "image stabilisation works!"

18. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Well, GlennInFlorida is back in Florida and already missing Prague! I had such a wonderful time that evening - can't begin to tell you how much your friendship and good wishes mean to me. Polednikova had a 3 page letter with comments from several of you that couldn't make the get-together so it seemed like there were even more people present. I will cherish the memories, photos, and the letter forever. Thanks again so much to all of you and I'm counting the days until September! :D :D :D

19. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

I wish that I was there. Looks like everyone had fun. Very good pictures.

Jody

20. scrimshaw

By the way, sorry I missed that call from all you guys at Pivovařský klub.
    I was kind of there in some kind of nebulous spiritual form anyway
    I guess.:lol:
    At least that is something..
    Glenn's probably already counting the days to when he can go back.