Studenska candy

Discussion in 'Culture' started by iluvuma1, Jul 12, 2005.

1. iluvuma1

iluvuma1 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me where in the St. Louis area I can find/order this candy? I googled it and was unable to get anywhere.

2. magan

magan Well-Known Member

You probably mean "Studentska Smes", which is milk chocolate with rasins and nuts?? Catburry chocolate company makes very similar one, so you should be able to find it easily.

If you meant something else, then you would have to describe it.

3. iluvuma1

iluvuma1 Well-Known Member

I think on the label my husband's mom sent it said it was a Nestle product. My husband's birthday is coming up and I'd like to order some, but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere on the web. The candy like you said has fruit/raisins and nuts in it.

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

5. magan

magan Well-Known Member

6. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Hi again. When I said you can find it easy, I meant in any store they sell chocolate bars. I am aware that you are in USA. I am in Canada now and can see them in any large grocer stores or drugmart where they sell wider selection of chocolate bars.

I am also aware that you are thinking that it is "only" Czech product, however, Nestle or Catburry is all over the world and make similar products. Have a look around, no need ordering it from internet. Of course it doesn't have Czech name, but you will recognize it when you see it.

What puzzles me that you are calling it candy wher it is chocolate bar. It could be also same thing in different form. What I mean is Mix of chocolate covered peanuts, raisins atd., that would be same content as in above chocolate bar, but if your husband really likes it he would enjoy chocolate bar just as well.
    Good luck.

7. szarkafarka

szarkafarka Well-Known Member

So-called "studentská směs" (student's mixture) is a very old "product" of small shopkeepers. It was blended from residues of nuts, raisins, dried fruit, fragments of candy or chocolate, and other ends. Often it contained some dead insect. It was very cheap (one kreuzer or so for a paper cone) and addressed to studiosi pauperi.

Today's industrial product is essentially the same (perhaps without the insect - but who knows), sometimes covered by chocolate, and naturally much more expensive.