Surnames: Sramek/Pezel

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by cargor, Aug 7, 2006.

1. cargor

cargor New Member

Hello-I am wondering how to go about learning how to obtain information on Frank Sramek married to Anna Pezel. He was born Jan-6-1853 and Anna on Oct-16-1856. They immigrated to the U.S. in 1880 and 1881. I have no paperwork that states their specific place of birth (villages unknown) . Even death records or naturalization papers don't help. And we don't even have ship manifests records only dates of immigration from census. We don't even know for sure if they were married here or in Czechoslovakia because we never could locate any records here in the U.S. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Carolyn.

2. Tad Rihacek

Tad Rihacek Member

If you google the website for the Czech Embassy in Washington DC, they list without recommendation various Czech ancestor search companies that according to US values seem very reasonable. Of course my Czech emigre friends think that are pirates compared to the Czech value of money.

The lack of family letters, and immigration documents does present a problem but most likely not insurmountable. Good Luck