switzerland

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by anu, Apr 20, 2005.

1. anu

anu Well-Known Member

hoi zäme!

how do czechs think of swiss people and switzerland? -- if they do think anything about.

could you, when answering, avoid the words cheese, chocolate, EU and banks? --- i'm just kidding :lol:

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

Hmm, Switzerland, you say?

That small peaceful country with mountains and lakes, where people have no problem to speak four different languages... :)

3. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

4. evian

evian Well-Known Member

:lol:
    Thats amazing considering its CNN.
    Thanks for showing us. :wink:
    Jason

5. anu

anu Well-Known Member

ou, i'll take that as a good omen!!
    (the mistake is not that bad, switzerland is near germany too and the czech republik is not much bigger than switzerland, is it? :D )

by the way, we do speak five languages: french, italian, rumantsch (don't know the english word), german and --- swiss german :lol:

6. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

7. anu

anu Well-Known Member

hi, jana! this is indeed interesting, i didn't know it was that "bad" :) i remember a big quarell in switzerland, because most swiss german schools started to teach english as first foreign language, what offended the french speaking swiss. they still teach german as first foreign language, so swiss french spend years learning german, but when they come to zurich or basel, they don't understand a single (swiss german) word :cry:

there's another funny detail in this article: a "swiss president" is mentioned, but you don't have a president. we've got seven bundesräte, and even though each year one of them is the bundespräsident, no swiss would ever call him a president or compare his state with the one of chirac or bush...