Thanks

Discussion in 'General Language' started by McCracken, Jul 29, 2008.

1. McCracken

McCracken Well-Known Member

This is a thank you to everyone who contributes help and assistance with the Czech language on these message boards.

This past week marked a personal milestone of two years trying to learn the language and I still have a long way to go.

However, I have just returned from 10 days in the Jeseniky region of Moravia and for the first time I was able to converse reasonably with friends and even join in general discussions involving a number of people rather than just one-on-one.

Of course people made huge allowances for me, I had difficulty keeping up when the conversation got to fast for me and there are still 1000s of words I don't know. BUT, this was the first time that I felt comfortable conversationally and it was a great feeling.

I doubt very much that I would have been able to get to this stage without the 1000s of helpful tips, bits of advice, specific translations and everthing else that these message boards provide.

So once again, a huge thank you to everyone :D !

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Congratulations! It must have been a good feeling, although one which I don't know myself! Even after, what, 19 months here, and having taken lessons for most of that, I couldn't begin to have a conversation with sentences of more than half a dozen words! Never mind, as I'm not going back to the UK, I'll just plod on and I'll get there some day...

3. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Congrats!
    I no longer have anyone to speak Czech with, so I'm pretty sure I am rusty in that department.

4. zavorka

zavorka Well-Known Member

Good!
    and you should try to get there again in winter, so to train your ice hokey passion...
    Miro