The 5 C's-Cowardly, Cynical, Conceited, Complacent, Corrupt

Discussion in 'Culture' started by davidaodonnell, May 7, 2008.

1. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

You finally get it! :)

2. FAir play Wissy and thanks for the balanced view but I have to say I expected this response and it proves my point about some of what I say. I am waiting and hoping to get something other than total denial and defensivesness and then there may be an intelligent debate to be had. So far, apart from ta, it is the anticipated sneering, reflex denial and abusive nonsense that is typical of the experiences I had which prompted me to write in the first place.

3. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

and what are you planning to achieve by that "intelligent debate" if i may ask? you think the czechs are sexist/rude/cowardly/whatever - fair enough. so what now? either we can try to prove you wrong, or you can try to "intelligently" educate us. you obviously don't want the former, so just tell us what we sould do about it all. or is it that you simply wanted to state "czechs are <insert favorite insult here>", just to make sure we all realize who we are? well done, i can assure you it is enough to say it once.

4. More of the same Fabik, you are just not getting it at all.

5. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Don’t blame everything on communism, the Czech bureaucracy is mainly heritage from the monarchy (read Kafka or Hašek :wink:).

The issuing of IDs is good example. Under communism, the IDs were issued by local authorities and often it was just question of a few minutes. (It was bigger problem to get a photo that time.) In addition, the issuing at the age of 15 was realized collectivelly in cooperation with schools (or Pionýr or SSM).

The present system is result of the reform of the regional administrative, of the centralizations and computerization of the administrative (all IDs are issued in Prague, the local authorities are only mediators) and of the EU standards on IDs.

6. What an intensely buraucratic response Wer. I fell asleep half way through but its better than your last offering.

7. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

I have no problem with sesquipedalians - you just don't deserve them.

a dismissive wave of the hand is sufficient...

8. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

so please explain it to me.

9. Zik

Zik Well-Known Member

Excuse my unpolity (I'm a Czech yokel only), but I think those who is never wrong hire is you.

You told Czechs are not able to accept criticism. Some Czechs maybe not, but excuse me again, if you say about all Czechs they are cowardly, corrupt etc., do you think it's an inteligent criticism? I don't know what nationality you are, maybe you could tell us. Such critism like you is not difficult to make. As I said, there are good and bad poeple in all nations.

Oh, man, wake up! Not everybody is as xenophobe as you. And about Americans - yeah, you're showing us you xenophobia again! If American gouverment would really „destroy“ and „invade“ other countries, it would be not because of all Americans! And it's not truth, as well. American fight in both world wars was very brave, especially in the second one. The cruelty of Japanese soldiers was terrible. In the cold war, not all American presidents were good (Richard Nixon...), but Americans were against communists and in fact, they defend the Soviet Union.

Well, you told us you hate Czechs and Americans. Well, now we know. How long will you fight against them, who are wrong?

10. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

DavidaOdonnell wrote...I am the alpha male in this forum and I must assert my superior attitude says Scrimshaw/

That's hilarious :lol: . So, now you are a psychiatrist too. Man of many talents. Even tho you are a little quick at judging people.

I base my comments on communication I have had with people here. They seem nice, not encountered great rudeness, or attempts to take advantage of me, or stab me in the back.

I do not know the Czech psychy. And, I don't know your experiences, but it is interesting listening to how you put everybody in a neat little box with labels.

11. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Yes, he is, or at least claims to be so in another ad listing his apartment.

12. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

All I've said is that my experiences have been vastly different from yours.

And you British caved to the Nazis to allow the annexation of Czechoslovakia only a few years earlier. What's your point?

The few attempts there have been to engage you in an intelligent debate, have gone answered at best by a knee-jerk "You're wrong! I'm right!" and at worst by complete ignoring. Is that your idea of "intelligent" debate? I get better arguments from my 7-year-old. Did you really post here to engage in a debate, or just to be confrontational? Of course, true to form, you probably won't answer that question either, so I'll do it for you: given the fact that you're already set on leaving the Czech Republic, you've already made up your mind about the nature of Czechs and Czech culture, so confrontation must be your only motivation.

13. czechchris

czechchris Well-Known Member

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL.

14. Oh dear, it seems the Czech USa alliance is seriously upset.You guys really must learn to calm down, its not good for your health all this excitement.
    So - Job done and, as the entertainment is getting a touch jaded, I think I must retire. So have fun discussing how to bake bread and what Czechs do for Xmas etcetc..
    DAve has left the house, thanks for confirming my worst impressions.

15. kibicz

kibicz Well-Known Member

There is no need to talk about one "user" who is not even capable to give us an example ...

16. Zik

Zik Well-Known Member

Well, well, well, you showed us how smart you are. If you want to go, go. I personaly will not miss you. You are too smart for us, Czech cowardly, corrupt, cynic andIdon'tknowwhatelse morons.

17. petri

petri Well-Known Member

Very mature attitude! All Czechs are this and that...b...shit! Dear mr/ms, have you heard of individuals? No nation has personal characters, individuals have. I guess you´ve been a typical stag party brit, behaving like an idiot. Then you got some negative feedback.
    You haven´t seen rude behaviour, if you haven´t been here in Finland. :D
    You wrote something about aggressions among Czechs, Czech republic actually is one of the least violent countries according to statistics! (Finland is in the other end of the line...)
    Just to provoke: Czechs are courteous, decent, friendly, courageous and hospitable. 8)

18. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Post(after) debate comments

Davidaodennells arguments were way overgeneralizing and spurious but he was funny.

I was impressed how you guys handled the debate. Answering his sweeping charges with humour, and efforts to create real dialogue. While we Americans kind of resorted to snide remarks and put downs.
    You guys are better debaters.

Polednikova, yea, I've heard that too. You told it well. It is true.

19. McCracken

McCracken Well-Known Member

As a Brit myself , I can only hope he is not British.

Whilst not having had the benefit of "Dave's" vast experience of 3 years living in the Czech Republic, I have been visting the country 3 or 4 times per year for the past 5 years. My own experiences (mainly in North East Moravia) have been completely different and I have found the Czech people that I have met and dealt with to be very friendly, helpful and polite - of course you come across a miseryguts now and then but that is just life.

I envy Dave for the opportunity he had to spend 3 years in the country but I certainly don't envy him whatever personality traits he must have to have had nothing but a negative experience in his time there.

The only negative experience I have had in the Czech Republic was arriving at the railway station at the top of Wenceslas Square in 2005 on a hot summer Saturday afternoon to find the square sealed off at both ends while a 100 or so drunken Brits fought a running battle with each other up and down the square. It wasn't even the football (soccer) season :wink: !

Life and experiences are what you make of them - you get out what you are prepared to put in. I shudder to think what he must have put in to come away with such a negative attitude, albeit that his comments are mostly sweeping generalisations.

20. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Do you know my husband? (I must admit, its that arrogance that I find attractive)

There are a lot more people in the US than in CR.

I agree that he has the right to express his opinions, which is why I chose to only give him advice rather than attack him.
    But please keep in mind wissy, that he started with the attacking tone and insults, which is why he got this response by others. He could have stated his opinion in a polite and constructive way, rather than being insulting and argumentative. Garbage in/ Garbage out. Do unto others what you would have done to you. Don’t pester the dog and then cry that you got bit. I could go on and on with the clichés that defend why most people responded the way they did. It’s a natural response and if wissy, you are going to condemn others for their responses, please start by condemning the initiator of the attacks which was davidaodonnell.

Not true, read again, not everyone denied your claims or was abusive.

Well said, my point exactly.