The Brothers Grimm (Kletba bratří Grimmů)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by gementricxs, Nov 29, 2005.

1. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Have you seen this movie?
    It was filmed in Prague in Barandov Ateliéry and in this Hollywood movie plays two czech actors, Miroslav Táborský and Tomáš Hanák. Both are very good czech actors. And if you look at the cast of this movie (http://imdb.com/title/tt0355295/fullcredits) you even find more czech names there.
    So, this is another good Hollywood movie, which was filmed in Prague.

2. haukur

haukur Active Member

yeah, when i saw it at palace cinemas in Brno. The movie was listed as American/Czech and every other name on the credit list was czech. and out of the few hollywood movies shot in prague i've seen this was by far the best. much better than for exmple "Bad Company"(Chris Rock) or XXX. Those were just terrible.

3. Rommie

Rommie Well-Known Member

:lol:

Only Americans could replace Vranovský zámek to Alps :roll:
    What about another new US/CZ and GB/CZ movies, "Hostel" (Tarantino) and "Sklapni a zastřel mě"...?
    Better not to see them? :?:

4. wer

wer Well-Known Member

I disagree with haukur :D. XXX is one of the bests action movie parodies I've ever seen :wink:. I split one's sides with laughter I remember municipal police attacking the castle of Vranov with automatics :lol:.

Yes, but Czechs could replace Vranov to Canarian Islands - see http://www.csfd.cz/film.php?top=1&id=9062 :twisted:.

5. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

BTW in the film XXX, one Czech stuntman died - in the scene the hero is sliding on a cable toward the boat with enemies on the Vltava river under some bridge, too strong wind blew and that Czech stuntman ended in one bridge's abutment and died :(. And he died needlessly - the director just wanted better shot so they did it again (and because it was unsuccessful, they used the previous shot).

6. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

How about "moving" Spišský Hrad (in Slovakia) to the seaside (Dragonheart, 1996)?

7. MarianCorwin

MarianCorwin Member

Is XXX really intended to be a parody? I know that when I saw it, here in the US i thought it was a typical stupid action movie, although I was really taken by the gorgeous heroine!

8. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Maybe it's parody only for Czechs.

For example, scene, where cars of city traffic police (which is usualy armed only with wheel clamps) attack castle is very funny. :)

9. MarianCorwin

MarianCorwin Member

Perhaps it's a circular parody. or whatever the proper term is for when something is so ridiculous that it is seen as a joke, for example by czechs who know better, and it is taken seriously be others, americans who think that XXX is like a totally lifechanging experience. I don't mean to sound strange but I swear I know guys who thought that movie was really really good! :roll: Don't know why...but I will have to watch it after I've been in CR for a while so that I can see your side of it! :D

10. brook

brook Well-Known Member

I watched XXX with an uncle of mine (wow, that sounds really bad now that I reread that!! You know what I mean!) and he commented on how the young czech woman (X's eventual girlfriend) was so serious and grumpy. I had to laugh at that...

11. MarianCorwin

MarianCorwin Member

:lol: Omg, this message board is startin' to get a little dirty huh?
    just teasing, but I must ask...are czech women 'serious and grumpy' like as a generalization? Does that mean I'll finally be able to get away with my attitude problem when I'm there?! :twisted: hahaa can't wait for that...