translation help!

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by Anonymous, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could someone please help with the translation of this - I am currently trying to do a translation using a czech - english dictionary!

PODIVAT SE PO KOUSKU TE CANADSKE KRASI.
    CO TY NATO?DO KINA CHODIM RADA ALE PROZATIM S KAMARATKOU KERA MI TEN
    FILM PREKLADA DO CESKEHO JAZYKA.TAKLE SE UCIM A PAK SI KONECNE MUZEME
    POPOVIDAT I ANGLICKY JAZYKU?

Thanks so much!

2. Veronika

Veronika Member

Hello Mitch,

do you need it translated to proper czech or to english?

If you want it in to proper czech, I suggest you better write it in english, because few words there does not realy make a sence and the sentence is so weird, because of this.

Are you a guy, who is writing it for a girl? If yes, you can not write - rada - that is feminin.

Well, write what you need with it.

3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

This is a loose translation into English:

...to see some of that Canadian beauty. What do you say? I do like going to the movies but for now I only go with a friend (girl) who translates the film into Czech for me. I'm learning this way and then we'll finally be able to chat in English?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Proper Czech? What do you mean? Is this form something different from that? Another dialect? Please advise! Thanks!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks so much Dana! That makes so much more sense than what I came up with!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dana:
    <B>This is a loose translation into English:

...to see some of that Canadian beauty. What do you say? I do like going to the movies but for now I only go with a friend (girl) who translates the film into Czech for me. I'm learning this way and then we'll finally be able to chat in English?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

6. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

The original Czech text has grammatical mistakes and the end (i anglicky jazyku) sounds like it was written by someone who is not a native Czech speaker.

Correct Czech text (without hacky and carky):
    Podivat se po kousku te kanadske krasy. Co ty na to? Do kina chodim rada, ale prozatim s kamaradkou, ktera mi ten film preklada do ceskeho jazyka. Takhle se ucim a pak si konecne muzeme popovidat i anglicky (or v anglickem jazyce).