Translation Software?

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by jonesnewton, Dec 5, 2005.

1. jonesnewton

jonesnewton Active Member

Hi,

I am looking to buy a translation software package that translates from Czech to English to Czech.
    I need to able to do whole paragraphs, not just a single word!

Can anyone recommend one??
    I am living in Prague.

Thanks.
    Neil.

2. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

There's no such software, I think. I've googled and found, you can buy only EN->CZ translators (Eurotran and Britanik), which manage whole paragraphs but the output is bad (they practically only assemble translated words one-by-one). And there's no SW to translate CZ->EN.

However I found these 2 online translators:
    1. WEB TRANSLATOR - translates web pages and texts among languages but it doesn't work ("Too many translation requests by millions of users...")
    2. WEB2CZ - shows the original page and underlines the words and if you move the mouse cursor on some word, you get a translated version
    EDIT: However even if WEB TRANSLATOR works, I think, it would give result such this super manual :lol:

3. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Oh, Ladis, that's really cool translation of manual. Is it really real ?!?!? I saw some manual translated like this (translated with some program), but it was for some cheap product. (I don't remember for what it was).

But this, it user's manual for Acer product!!!!!!!!!!! Acer is one of the biggest IT companies, woow, I wouldn't expect translation like this from some big company, especially company big like Acer. Really cool.
    :D :D :D :D :D

And back to your question. Some programs for translation EN->CZ exist, but I wouldn't suggest to use them. I didn't try them, but I read what the translation from the program and IT'S TERRIBLE. It sometimes even doesn't make sense.

If you want to translate something from CZ->EN or EN->CZ I would suggest contact some translator (http://www.myczechrepublic.com/czech_la ... index.html). I have no ideahow much cost translation from these translators. Or you can contact someone from this forum (you can try me) and maybe it will be cheaper. But don't use these computer programs.