Travelling from Prague to Horice Motorcycle races May 08

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Big T, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Big T

Big T Member

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to get a train from Prague to Horice? i,m planning on going to a motorcycle race in Horice in may 08. any help appreciated. thanks:T

2. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

Try the timetable.

3. Big T

Big T Member

Sorry, i cant understand the timetable, so does anyone know how i can get from Prague airport to Horice? im told that by bus is easier so are there any bus stations nearby, also i wont arrive in Prague until after 8pm so will there still be busses running at that time? cheers T

4. Karel_lerak

Be more specific about your travel plans. At what day and time of day do you want to be in Hořice? Or at what time will you be at the airport to start the travel? There are several buss or train or combinations of these connections from Prague to Hořice during the day, from different bus/train stations in Prague.
    Do you look for shortest time, lowest price or minimum transfers?
    e.g.
    Praha letište (NAD),Letište Ruzyne departure at 9:30
    airport express to Praha Holešovice
    than Supercity express SC75 to Pardubice
    arrival in Pardubice hl.n. 11:20
    then train O5650 11:25 to Hradec Králové hl.n.
    arrival in HK at 11:55
    the another train O5508 at 12:04 to Horice v Podkrkonoší, arrival at 12:41,
    price about 500 CZK

5. Big T

Big T Member

i,ll arrive in Prague airport at 8pm, i want to travel from Prague airport to Horice that night so where do i get a bus? cheers T

6. Karel_lerak

I'm not sure you get a connection in the evening, I'll try to find out ...

7. Big T

Big T Member

Thankyou, that would be much appreciated as i would like to know if i should arrange overnight accomodation or not.

8. Karel_lerak

It seems that there is no bus to Horice after 8 pm. The fastest connection is train to Hradec Kralove and then some busees, arrival in Hořice before 5 am next day.

Probably the best connection by direct bus is from Praha Černý Most (metro station) at 6:35 (am) 9.5., arrival in Hořice 8:12 (price 112 CZK). To Černý most by bus and Metro or by taxi, it depends, but you have to spend somewhere the night...

9. Karel_lerak

If you want to go by night trains, there are two connections:
    Praha main station 22:11
    Hradec Králové arr. at 23:49, but then you have to wait until 3:00, then bus to Jičín, arr. at 3:50 and another bus to Hořice at 4:20, arrival in Hořice 4:44.

The other one:
    Praha main st. 0:06
    Pardubice arr. 1:23
    train from Pardubice 1:29, arr. in Hradec Králové 1:53, then same bus at 3:00 to Jičín

In Hradec walk from train to bus station about 7 min.

10. Big T

Big T Member

Not as easy as i thought but many thanks for taking the time to help, thankyou for your help again. cheers T

11. Karel_lerak

8) 8)

12. Big T

Big T Member

If all else fails, how much roughly would a taxi cost from Prague airport directly to Horice :shock:

13. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

The route is about 130 km, but I do not know actual (fair) prices of taxis in Prague. 25 Kč/km I guess? So 3250 Kč ($180, €120). But airport taxis generaly can be more expensive, as well as taxis in the very center of Prague - even 90 Kč/km. For a short term stay, you should consider renting a car at the airport.

14. Big T

Big T Member

Thanks for all your replies, suppose the best option would be to stay overnight in Prague and catch a bus the next morning. Is it possible to get somewhere cheap in Prague??