Typical Prague Restaurant: Great Food (Not Touristy)

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by Robbo7, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Robbo7

Robbo7 New Member

We are heading to Prague and hope we can hear your recommendations for restaurants that are non-touristy, but great typical Czech food. We are adventurous too! Thank you.

2. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

I'd suggest the Pivrnec Restaurant near OldTown Square, there's usually no tourist at all and have great prices.

3. villinger

villinger Member

gementricxs,
    what about 'U Spirku'? I'm still trying to find out if they're open again (they were closed last time I was in Prague)...

4. amraam_7

amraam_7 Well-Known Member

5. Job3:14

Job3:14 Member

If you want cheap and simple, try Czech Kitchen just off Melantrich, if you want more relaxed evening meal try Staromacek of Old Town Square

6. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

I went to the street where it should be and I didnt't see it there. It's either closed or under construction (there was few places under construction in that street) or I'm just blind and i didn't see that

7. ArieA

ArieA Active Member

Dear Jirka,
    Every day I'm surfing on this message board and I noticed the helpfull way you are acting! Chapeau....!
    The little Czech I know? Líbiš se mi….!
    :mrgreen:

8. villinger

villinger Member

A hernajz! To je nadeleni! Ci, presneji, neni. Z 'u spirku' asi udelaj nejakou obycejnou vydelecne cinnou hruzu.
    Gementricxs, pred tim nez se zase do Prahy dostanu, podivam se sem na rady a porady, a nejakou tu slusnou hospodu s pomoci vsech urcite najdu!