Urgent need for translation - please

Discussion in 'General Language' started by Pupicheck, May 10, 2007.

1. Pupicheck

Pupicheck New Member

Dear Dad.

Do not listen to what mum says - she is manipulating you. Evererything goes good with us, this is Mario saying all this. We have found a website translating from english to czech - thats why I can write this letter to you.

You gave me the wrong phone number - please contact me - i still need to talk to you. It is important that you know how the real storry about us and mum is.

I am sending you this letter because at the moment this is the only way I can contact you. I know you have had a hard time - at the moment we are having it hard too. But we are doing the best to make it better.

Try to find someone speaking english so I can explain in detalis the situation right now. If you need to know more you contact me. My phone number is 0047 XXX XX XXX.

I miss you and thinking about you all the time. When this all is over I hope to visit you or you can visit us.

Mario

2. Eleshar

Eleshar Well-Known Member

Drahý tati,
    neposlouchej, co máma říká - pouze tebou manipuluje. U nás je vše v pořádku (this is Mario saying all this - not sure about the meaning, specify or ommit). Nalezli jsme stránku, kde je možné překládat z angličtiny do češtiny, proto ti můžeme tento dopis vůbec napsat.

Dal jsi mi chybné telefonní číslo, ozvi se mi prosím, stále s tebou potřebuji mluvit. Je důležité, aby ses dozvěděl pravdu o tom, jak to s námi a matkou bylo.

Tento dopis ti posílám, protože je to momentálně jediný způsob, jak tě mohu kontaktovat. Vím, že se ti nedařilo dobře, nám se v tuhle chvíli také nedaří, ale snažíme se ze všech sil, abybylo lépe.

Pokus se prosím najít ěkoho, kdo umí mluvit anglicky, abych ti mohl vysvětlit detaily situace rovnou. Pokud potřebuješ vědět víc, zavolej, mé číslo je 0047 xxx xxx xxx.

Postrádám tě a myslím na tebe celou dobu. Až to vše skončí, doufám, že tě budu moci navštívit nebo že ty budeš moci navštívit nás.

Mario

3. KevinHastings

KevinHastings New Member

4. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I guess he means this site (this forum). 8)

5. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Deleted

(I wrote the same twice, but I cannot delete my second post. Is it possible somehow? Omylem jsem to poslal dvakrát, ale nedaří se mi ten druhý příspěvek smazat. Dá se to?)

6. vturchi

vturchi Well-Known Member

Ahoj DJ,

myslim si ze to neni mozne zmasat posts pro "normalne" accounts jako my....myslim ze nejaky moderator muze to delat...

7. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Taky si myslím.

8. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Ale ne. Moderator nemůže zmazat žadný post. :? Moderator může jenom edit, ale pouze administrator má prava zmazat.

9. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Zmazat může, nemůže smazat.

10. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Ok, no, zmazat neni v slovnik.cz tak nerozumim. Rekni mi prosim. :)

11. eso

eso Well-Known Member

zmazat - to daub over
    zmazat se - to smudge ourself

:)

12. doman

doman Well-Known Member

I tried to test the link
    http://www.tranexp.com:2000/Translate/result.shtml

From E > CZ, and I've got these:

You have found a website that translated English to Czech?
    Tebe mít lít jeden tkaniva aby chápat Anglicky až k Čech?

I tried once more...from Cz > E
    The result is:

Tebe mít lít jeden tkaniva aby chápat Anglicky až k Čech?
    You hold shower a webs that understand English to Czech?

:twisted: CESI ! ROZUMITE TOMU ? :lol: :lol:

13. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Because right is it "smazat" = delete

14. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Oops! :oops: That's what I get for looking at the incorrect spelling used in the thread. But hey, since I'm a moderator, maybe I can go back and edit my old post and smazat everyone else's, heh, heh. :wink:

15. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I can not speak for all Czechs here, but I don't understand.

16. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Evidently zmazat was error(word does not exist)
    She meant smazat.

That I think was a translation she got off an online translation site.
    It makes absolutelly no sense.
    Proving those sites are not very helpful.

17. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Sorry Doman, I meant he not she.

18. wer

wer Well-Known Member

It does exist!

mazat … grease, lubricate, oil, spread, smear, smutch, smudge, daub

Prefix “s-” means “together” or “down(wards), out, off” - i.e. “smazat” means literally “spread down/out/off”, the real meaning is “wipe away/off” or “erase/delete/clean”.

The prefix “z-” expresses a change of state - i.e. “zmazat” means “make greased/spread/smudged/daubed” or figuratively “make confused”/“make a hash (of)”.

And especially the reflexive form “zmazat se” means “become drunked/stewed”.

19. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

The word zmazat exists and means aproximately the same as umazat or zamazat. 8)
    smudge, soil,...

Umazat se od něčeho, zmazat se něčím (get soiled)
    another meaning "zmazat/namazat se rumem" (get drunk) 8)
    Derivations from mazat
    mazat se
    mazat si
    namazat
    namazat se
    omazat
    obmazat
    odmazat
    pomazat
    podmazat
    promazat
    přemazat