Vienna to Prague

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by prahatx, Mar 27, 2007.

1. prahatx

prahatx New Member

What is the best way to travel? Any suggestions? Other than my passport, would I need anything to simply land in Vienna?

2. JHERNST

JHERNST Member

I think the easiest way to travel to Vienna is by train. It takes 4 1/2 hours. Cost $75.00 US second class. Check out Raileurope website.

They check your passport on the train. When you get to Vienna, you get off the train and that's it.

Subways are accessible to both stations.

3. Agnetha

Agnetha Member

Hi. I prefer going by bus because the czech trains are sometimes not so comfortable :roll:
    The best way is to booking a ticket (to buy it or on web). Check out the web of Studentagency...from Prague (UAN Florenc) to Vienna is 12 Eur...and very comfortable. So check out their web and book it or if you canĀ“t speak czech try to write them- florenc@studentagency.cz (it is the ticket-office)...I think they give advice you!

4. Zeisig

Zeisig Well-Known Member

Maybe it is true for the domestic Czech lines, but I do not believe that the train from Prague to Vienna is not comfortable enough. I suppose you are not an aristocrat of high rank, of course.

5. Agnetha

Agnetha Member

Oh no, in any case! But I have really bad experiences with the czech trains because I was assaulted in a czech train...yes, I had to go by train 350km to school each week. But then I find the bus....and what is the most important for me is a price- 12 Euro to Vienna is very cheap for students in Czech Republic. Cheaper than go by train for me!When you are czech student you need each koruna :wink: