Visa for Australians?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Kirschy, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Kirschy

Kirschy Member

Hello From Maroochydore, Queensland

My Partner and I are coming to Prague in October this year and can't wait

will we as Australian need to apply for a visa, considering Czech joining the EU?

please reply

2. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

Hi Kirschy,

Welcome to the boards!

Regarding visa issues, we suggest contacting the closest Czech embassy or consulate in your country for the most up-to-date information. My Czech Republic has a listing of Czech Embassies and Consulates Abroad.

3. Sybilla

Sybilla Member

Hello Kirschy
    I am a member of a group which is travelling to the Czech Republic next week. Those of us with Australian passports needed to get visas and it took quite a time for them to be granted.
    For our travel to Hungary, however, we received a refund as visas are no longer necessary for Australians.

4. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi,

I wanted to provide an update on visas for Australians visiting the Czech Republic. I noticed the message below on the website of the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Canberra. Australians no longer need visas for short stays.

"AUSTRALIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS

The Embassy of the Czech Republic would like to announce that the Government of the Czech Republic by its resolution No. 413 of 28 April 2004 passed the regulation on the unliteral abolishment of its visa regime in relation to Australia.

Holders of valid Australian diplomatic, official and travel passports can enter the Czech Republic and stay there temporarily up to 90 days without any visa, effective from 30 April 2004, exluding those travelling for gainful purposes.

In accordance with current Czech law, fees paid for already issued visas will not be refunded even if unused, for any reason ."