What is it that intrigues foreigners about CZ women?

Discussion in 'Culture' started by caulfield2, Oct 10, 2006.

1. caulfield2

caulfield2 Well-Known Member

Obviously, you cannot paint with such a broad brush.

I have a Russian ex-wife, but I don't think all Russians are like her.

I dated lots of different women in Colombia, and they're all different.

Some really like you and are genuine and don't care so much that you're an American (35%), they just want the best possible partner.

Some are very superficial and just see foreigners as their ticket out...and someone who will pay for plastic surgery, clothing, vacations, cosmetics, gifts. They are trading their beauty and sex for what they cannot afford themselves because of the economy being so poor there. This might be 25% of the women I dated, especially the prettiest, because they're used to guys falling all over themselves to do things for them, take care of them, to the point where their entire identity comes from having a boyfriend.

The other 40% are caught in between, they go to university (or have degrees, some master's, which are more common in Eastern Europe and Russia) and have some level of independence. They might look at a foreigner as a "way out" to better opportunities, but it is not their PRIMARY consideration, more, if things are even, they will take the guy that might provide a better future, even if the relationship does not work out. These were the women that had their own cars, apartments, jobs...would pay for "dates" about 25% of the time. Many were 25-30-40 years old. The younger women, in my experience, were more like the first two categories I described...lots of genuine women that I would consider marrying and lots of "users" who were looking to escape their country for a Green Card.

I will be arriving in Praha next Friday and be in Bratislava, Brno, Olomouc, Ostrava, Cesky Krumlov...I'll have to write a report about the women I meet there and my "brief" impressions, which are obviously different than someone who lives there or has a long-term relationship with a Czech woman.

2. beany1975

beany1975 Member

That sounds about right and would explain alot. Is that last line really true?

3. beany1975

beany1975 Member

I should really have spotted the sarcasm in that last statement by alenastef. However, it just seemed quite close to the mark. Anyway, enough on the subject. :D

4. alenastef

alenastef Well-Known Member

5. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

I'd say well over 90% of dating relationships don't end up in marriage, much less happy marriages, so three negative examples without a positive yet, doesn't seem to raise any danger flags, in my humble opinion. Of course, then again, it's hard for me to comment on the experiences of you and your friends, without knowing the specifics of the breakups in question.

Keep in mind also that cultural differences in a relationship can cause a number of misunderstandings, some of which are never even noticed by either party.

6. beany1975

beany1975 Member

That's a fair point. That did cross my mind. Well i can imagine that this is not a messageboard in which to pour out one's vitriol and anger to the world. So i'll say no more about my experiences of (one) czech girl. I'm sure the rest are all very nice and have both good sides and bad sides to their characters. We are human after all. :?

7. Milewicz

Milewicz Active Member

I like your last line. Cultural differences can easily go unnoticed.

I just have heard too many bad things about Czech girls in particular, and my own personal experiences have only reinforced what I've heard. But maybe someday I'll meet a Czech girl who will break the mold. You (or I should say I) never know.

I would like to comment on the au pair thing. I understand it was a joke, but I also know groups of women from other countries who have come here (USA) with the intent of finding a man here. Not necessarily using the man, but defintely to find one. My own best friend from college was a victim (but a happy victim) :lol: .

8. Milewicz

Milewicz Active Member

I think that I have a lot of hard feelings because of what happened, and all the negative stories I've heard have not helped at all. I suppose I could consider dating another Czech girl, but it would just be hard. But whatever.

9. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Yes, there are still sharks in the waters. Yet if one takes a few common-sense precautions and is deliberate in his approach to a relationship, one can still be safe while swimming. :)

Once bitten, twice shy. It's only natural, and no one would blame you for it.

10. Milewicz

Milewicz Active Member

It's funny. I never thought of the girl who went after my best friend from college as a shark, but I do think she had her sights set on an American man. Funny thing is she took him back to her home country, and they've been there ever since, and they're both quite happy... :))

Well, I have to go to CZ for a while anyway, so maybe if I met another CZ girl I could give her a fair chance... (it's so hard to not hold a grudge!!!). :))

11. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

If she took him back to the Czech Republic and lives with him there, she's not the type of shark I was meaning. Rather I'd see nothing predatory in that at all. I'm talking about the kind of shark who only wants the green card, the "easy" life in America, etc. Perhaps the girl you're talking about is the type of shark that eats plankton?

12. Milewicz

Milewicz Active Member

Actually, the girl that snagged my friend was from New Zealand! I think that she eats plankton, though I think she might eat minnows, too.

I did know one man who married a CZ girl, and everyone was fairly convinced she was after the green card. What about men after the EU membership??? Have you ever seen that?

13. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

And kiwis, too?
    Don't know about men trying to get EU citizenship, but it doesn't seem as common for foreign men to try to marry American women to get U.S. citizenship, at least as far as I can tell.

14. BlackBox

BlackBox Active Member

Apparently, it is not worth the trouble with american women.

No, seriously, that simply means there are not many people who want to marry for american citizenship, despite what you might have been told.

15. Milewicz

Milewicz Active Member

I don't know about that. In New Zealand "kiwi" is often used as slang for a person who is from New Zealand, and I hope that she isn't into cannabalism.
    I know that I am supposed to respect other cultures, but I think I draw the line at people-eating.

16. Ceit

Ceit Well-Known Member

I've heard of both happening, but it doesn't seem like a common occurrence to me either. In Spain at least, it's probably more because many of the men who want EU citizenship aren't the type of men a Western woman in her right mind would want to marry than it not being worth the man's "trouble".

17. Milewicz

Milewicz Active Member

I still say that I have seen my fair share of "sharks" in the United States. Though if I were a shark, I would not go to the United States. I would go to Canada. Cleaner air, friendly people, AND you get to sew a Canadian flag patch onto your backpack without feeling like an imposter. :lol:

18. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. I was meaning a play on words, which apparently didn't work as well as I'd hoped. Here in the U.S. we have a small fuzzy brown fruit with green insides that we call kiwi (or kiwi fruit). Hence, why I didn't capitalize the word "kiwi."

19. Milewicz

Milewicz Active Member

Ha ha ha... I didn't think you meant people :lol: But I know a few Czechs who like their dark humor, so...

20. Ark1tec

Ark1tec Well-Known Member

Going back to the original question. What is it about Czech women apart from their good looks.
    Perhaps it is the idea that communism allowed women to rise up the ranks a lot easier. I remember reading about an englishman in moscow who seeing a general in uniform from a distance could see the medals glinting in the sun supposed the general to be a man and when the general came closer he was surprised to see he was a she the general was in fact a woman.
    Communist women are perceived to be more intelligent, independent and on an equal par with men.
    Whether or not this is true I don't really know.
    Westerners have never seemed to have got away from the idea that success is due to how fake you are, not how much you deserve it. whereas eastern europeans seem to be more honest and deserving of their culture.
    What do you think?