What is this apocalyptic scenario?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by Eva2, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

An Austrian friend wrote to me:

"Here it's unusual cold for the beginning of march. We had -25°C on cold spots in Austria, there was more than -10°C in Vienna. Surely also in Prague it's very cold."

"We have also a terrible flu epidemic. Many people die. People working for the ambulance told me they pick up a number of unconscious people daily in the streets. They die from meningitis within a few hours."

I''d have called my family in Prague but they are traveling in north Africa (thank God) and know even less of this. So what's really happening with the weather and all? And what kind of flu is that? Someone please tell me!

The weather is coming apart in different parts of the world. Here near the Rockies, where it is supposed to be winter, the tulips in my garden are already showing.

2. idemtidem

idemtidem Well-Known Member

Yes, it was pretty cold in the Czech Republic lately. But I haven't heard a thing about the flu - most likely there is nothing similar going on in the CR.

3. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

I guess the news from Austria exaggerated, at least some; winter temperatures below -10 are quite normal and in CR,
    it drops to -17 or -20 at least two or three times during January and February. It is true that there was a flu epidemic, but it looks it is over now. For latest news, you can check on www.novinky.cz or watch Czech TV online at www.czech-tv.cz.