What would you like to see in our Czech grammar section?

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Local Lingo, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Local Lingo

Local Lingo Active Member

We know that many of you who visit these boards are studying Czech. We are always trying to help by adding more content to locallingo.com. The most recent addition to our grammar area is a section on the declension of Czech nouns:

http://www.locallingo.com/czech/grammar/nouns_declension.html

We would love to know if info like this helps you learn. Please give us your feedback and let us know what you would like to see added to the grammar section on Local Lingo.

Thanks!

2. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

First of all, let me please congratulate you on the the great job you have done here! [​IMG]

Here's my suggestion:
    I believe it would be very useful to have some guidelines on word order in Czech.
    It's quite complicated and I think it's one of the first things beginners clash with.
    It's not always easy to know exactly where to put particles like "se" and "si" especially in long sentences or when using the conditional or in cases where, for instance, "jsi" or "bys" and "se/si" meet or when two reflexive verbs are used in combination.

Lorenzo

3. Local Lingo

Local Lingo Active Member

Thank you for your suggestion Lorenzo. It is a very good one. Yes, the Czech word order should be addressed and we will do our best in creating a helpful overview of this topic on Local Lingo. We'll announce it on these boards when it becomes available.

4. osbede

osbede Active Member

I find the noun declension pages to be very helpful.

Perhaps you could branch out to do something on stem changes . . .that would also be a big help.

Keep up the good work!

Osbede