What's Open on Sundays in November?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by SFox, Oct 26, 2005.

1. SFox

SFox Active Member

My family trip is now 3 weeks away and we are trying to finalize plans and make tour reservations. We are trying to decide if we should do an all day tour on Sunday (9am-6pm) or if we should do an afternoon tour (1pm-6pm). One thing that will help us decide is to know if our morning will be able to be productive on Sunday - that is are shops open or other things of interest available to do in Prague on Sunday? Since we are traveling in November, which is not high tourist season, I wasn't sure if shop times and other points of interest had different hours. We have such a short time for our visit that I'd hate to feel that we wasted a morning.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Tamara

Tamara Member

If my memory serves me correctly most shops are closed on Sundays in Prague. I am not really sure about the turist-y parts Vaclavske Namesti is most likely open and the shops on the way to Charles Bridge. Prague is a great City so I am sure you can find something to do on a Sunday morning.

3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Many stores in the center of Prague (Na Příkopě, Wenceslas Square, etc.) are open on Sundays. It is true that November is not a high tourist season but there are still lots of tourists around. Czechs like to do their shopping on the weekends as well. I don't know what type of stores you are interested in, but you can visit our Prague Shopping page to see the Sunday opening hours of shopping malls and such. You'll see that most of them open at 10 or 11 a.m. on Sundays.

Tourist attractions are open on Sundays, usually from 9 or 10 a.m. You can check the opening hours of specific places on our site as well.

Museums:
    www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/prague_museums.html

Galleries:
    www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/prague_galleries.html

Prague Castle:
    www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/sightsee ... astle.html

Have a good time on your trip!

Dana