What's up w/ "mail order brides"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gypzy, Jan 13, 2006.

1. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

First off, I want to say that I have nothing against American men marrying foriegn women. One of my grandmothers was a "German war bride" while my grandfather was stationed thier. I have a friend from Costa Rica who is married to an American.

What I dont get is these women who are in cheesecake poses while some fat, bald, hairy a--ed, ugly, middle age man plays w/ himself while looking at the pictures of girls. These guys will write to the girls telling them how wonderful he is. (ex. doctor, lawyer, brain surgeon, whatever) The poor girl believes all this, then when she gets here she feels stranded. Yes I'm well aware of this going the opposite where the girl will swindle the man. I've seen many episodes on real life crime shows and other news magazines on tv about this.

Again, I'm all for love and marriage w/o geographical borders. You got to get to know the person. Even an arranged marriage is better than mail order becuase the parents can tell if he's a scychopath.

Anyways I'm just venting, sorry.

2. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

I don't know what's your opinion, but I look at this site and between my friends I find 95% of couples men(american) - girl(czech). Why it's not opposite? I think that the Czech girls (no offence) thinks, "Hey, he's American, that's cool, he'll take me to US, it will be great" and so on. Basically I wanted to say I think thats easy for Americans to have Czech gf. Just one example, I know some guy, who's teaching English here, in Czech Republic. I talked with him ONE moths after the arrival and he already had Czech girlfriend.

3. Ceit

Ceit Well-Known Member

So...Czech guys don't think anything like that? Or would they only hook up with American girls for more (ahem) immediate physical needs? :wink: A friend of mine has a sister who dated a Czech and was about to marry him, but in the end they broke it off. I don't know the details (I barely know the sister) so I don't know if there were cultural things getting in the way or not. Besides, some of these American guys are too weird for American girls and a foreigner would see them as "exotic" instead of just plain weird, so they'll be more tolerant. (Not that I can talk, I'm female myself and all my dating has been done internationally rather than domestically.) But about these mail-order brides, where are they coming from mostly? They're not from developed countries as far as I know, well, except for Russia I guess. Maybe it's like playing the lottery for them; you might hit the jackpot with some lonely old guy who'll treat ya good and leave you everything when he kicks the bucket, or maybe you'll get some scuzzball. But their lives are probably pretty risk-filled where they're living now anyway.

4. Kanadanka

Kanadanka Well-Known Member

I think American(don't yell at me, just stating an opinion) or Canadian men see Czech women as exotic, with cute speaking style and see them as gentle and helpless and needing a "real man" to protect them. They seem them as sensual kittens (and most of the time the women play into it on their webcams or by sending intimate photos (usually of some models whose photos they ripped off on the Net).
    I've helped several male Canadian friends see through the scams and not get taken by the women. One was sending him photos of Adriana Sklenarikova, saying "men only want me for my beauty, but I want them to see the 'inner me" Yeah, right.

5. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

For hundreds years, Czech girls leave CR by marrying a foreigner and Czech boys by going abroad for better work opportunities. Thus nothing strange here ;).

6. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

I just goofed on something so now I have to write something to edit what I goofed on. I FEEL soooooo :oops: :oops: !!!!!

About needing a real man to protect anyone. Ha Ha Ha :lol: ! There aren't any real men in the US. They are a bunch of Quishe eating sissies, no thanx to the liberal feminists of the 60s and 70s. Any "macho man" that people think exsist in the US are being fooled. There is a difference between obnoxiousness and machismo. John Wayne was macho. He was not the stereotype I mentioned about men who look for male order brides.

Hey if you meet someone of another culture whom you love, well good but both the American (man or woman) and the European (man or woman) should learn of the others cultures first. When an American is in Europe he will be on his best behavior. Same as a foreign girl on American soil. When my grandma met my grandpa in Germany she had stereotypes about American men. She thought they were all strong and smart. She didn't know about the state of Arkansas. I love my grandpa dearly, but if I was a German girl at age 14 I would not marry a 23 year old racist, backwoods hillbilly who dropped out of school in the 8th grade. I guess it's a good thing that now we have internet and satelite tv to see a little bit more, strike that, I mean a lot more into other cultures but still everyone needs to learn more about eachother; American/Czech, Czech/Czech, American/American.......

To anyone who read my post before the edit: I'm not THAT big of a moron, only human :p !

By 4 now

7. Kanadanka

Kanadanka Well-Known Member

Gypzy, if you re-read what I wrote: "I think American(don't yell at me, just stating an opinion) or Canadian men see Czech women as exotic, with cute speaking style and see them as gentle and helpless and needing a "real man" to protect them."
    you will realize that I am saying what the American men think of THEMSELVES. Sheesh!

8. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

Howdy!

ISSUE: Apolligy

Kanadanka,
    I re-read your post. I now see what you mean. Yes some American men do see themselves like that. People who take advantage of others is a big pet peeve of mine. These "profiteers" annoy me. The people who run "mail order bride" systems are profiteers. They tell these young girls, hey look, American men are "real men" who will rescue you and take you away to a wonderful fairy land. Then these girls end up in complete misery, away from friends and family. There is also the reverse where some lonely men think that there getting this "real catch". Then he finds out that shes scamming him. The only people who become happy from this is the people running the "game".

By 4 now