Who is Vcielka?

Discussion in 'Culture' started by Steven B, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Steven B

Steven B New Member

I recently hosted 2 Czech and 1 Slovak lifeguard at my apartment overnight and took them to the airport for thier return home. One of them left a small hankerchief behind. It has a picture of a small girl with insect or fairy wings and the word Vcielka on it. Vcielka has a ~ or something like it over the c. Do you know who this character is and if there is a story or fable behind it? I am very interested. We became very good friends over the summer, they worked at my pool this summer and we became very good friends.
    I hope you can help Jana. I will respond to your survey after I send this.

Thank you

Steven B

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Most probably, it is a picture of Včelka Mája (Little Bee Mája), the main personage of a very popular TV series for children (German origin, around 1975).

3. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Včielka, by the way, is the Slovak variant of the Czech word Včelka, so it most likely belongs to your Slovak friend.

4. LucieInTheSky

LucieInTheSky New Member

Steven,
    this is pretty simple :lol: . Your Vcielka is Vcelka Maja, a heroine of our childrenm dreams... Vcelka Maja was a German TV cartoon about two baby bees - Maja and his friend Vilik and their adventures with other, especially evil, insects:)
    There was also title song by Karel Gott, if you already heard about him:)
    Wishes,
    Lucie.