Hluboká nad Vltavou

Where to go? What to see? How to get there?

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, Dana

kilosierra

Hluboká nad Vltavou

Postby kilosierra » 10-Feb-09 12:52

I fell in love with this castle!!! Can anyone tell me (it isn't posted anywhere!!) if you may stay overnight here? Thanks!
Alexx

Postby Alexx » 10-Feb-09 19:55

kilosierra wrote:I fell in love with this castle!!! Can anyone tell me (it isn't posted anywhere!!) if you may stay overnight here? Thanks!

Directly inside the castle? Rather not. There might be some special night tours though, few times a year.
I cesta může být cíl.
The journey is the goal.
kilosierra

Postby kilosierra » 10-Feb-09 23:17

I thought since they offered wedding services that they would have quarters that allowed for overnight stays.. :( ...That's too bad...It's just so beautiful!
Torgut

Postby Torgut » 11-Feb-09 4:00

Just as aditional info, thisis the link for the official website:

http://www.zamek-hluboka.eu/en/
kilosierra

Postby kilosierra » 11-Feb-09 14:49

Torgut wrote:Just as aditional info, thisis the link for the official website:

http://www.zamek-hluboka.eu/en/

Thank you so much for the website......Although it didn't mention no overnight stays" it's pretty much understood. :wink:

Has anyone ever visited?? Is it as grand as the pictures???? I can't wait to see it (one day :( )!!!
dzurisova

Postby dzurisova » 17-Feb-09 20:19

My husband and I were married there. However, the wedding room is bland, we got married in the chapel. IT'S AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL! We also stayed overnight there. They turned the servants quarters into a hotel. We had a very nice room. However, our reception was in a beautiful victorian restaurant in town. We also rented a horse and chariot to take us from the castle to the reception - just incase you are planning a wedding there. :wink:

Here's some pics:

Bůh ti žehnej
scrimshaw

Postby scrimshaw » 17-Feb-09 21:58

Looks like a fairy tale type wedding, and they lived happily ever after.

You're signature quote doesn't work there with that last picture. He is smiling too.
Jsem zvědav, jak by to vypadalo, kdybych byl přivolávačem deště. Jak by to vypadalo, kdybych uměl přivolat déšt'?
Mám pocit ale, že se to bohužel nikdy nedozvím.
kibicz

Postby kibicz » 17-Feb-09 22:23

Smiling Czech :-D ROFL :-D

(in coparison to signature)
I need my czenglish corrected! (including this signature;)
kilosierra

Postby kilosierra » 18-Feb-09 15:33

What a beautiful place to have a wedding...(and beautiful wedding photos!!!!) I figured there would be some quarters to stay overnight. My Czech says it isn't far from where he lives (but says nothing is really far in his small country!! LOL)
Thanks for sharing your photos dzurisova!
dzurisova

Postby dzurisova » 18-Feb-09 17:56

During the ceremony, my dad (the pastor officiating the wedding) was asking the vows, "do you take this woman..." and Martin wasn't listening instead looking into my eyes (sappy love stuff). Well it got to the point where Martin was suppose to say "I do" but was still just looking at me, not listening. So my dad said loudly, "Well, you either do or you don't!" We all started laughing and our photographer caught the perfect picture. :)