Hluboká nad Vltavou

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by kilosierra, Feb 10, 2009.

1. kilosierra

kilosierra Well-Known Member

I fell in love with this castle!!! Can anyone tell me (it isn't posted anywhere!!) if you may stay overnight here? Thanks!

2. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Directly inside the castle? Rather not. There might be some special night tours though, few times a year.

3. kilosierra

I thought since they offered wedding services that they would have quarters that allowed for overnight stays.. :( ...That's too bad...It's just so beautiful!

4. Torgut

Torgut Active Member

5. kilosierra

Thank you so much for the website......Although it didn't mention no overnight stays" it's pretty much understood. :wink:

Has anyone ever visited?? Is it as grand as the pictures???? I can't wait to see it (one day :( )!!!

6. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

My husband and I were married there. However, the wedding room is bland, we got married in the chapel. IT'S AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL! We also stayed overnight there. They turned the servants quarters into a hotel. We had a very nice room. However, our reception was in a beautiful victorian restaurant in town. We also rented a horse and chariot to take us from the castle to the reception - just incase you are planning a wedding there. :wink:

Here's some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Looks like a fairy tale type wedding, and they lived happily ever after.

You're signature quote doesn't work there with that last picture. He is smiling too.

8. kibicz

kibicz Well-Known Member

Smiling Czech :-D ROFL :-D

(in coparison to signature)

9. kilosierra

What a beautiful place to have a wedding...(and beautiful wedding photos!!!!) I figured there would be some quarters to stay overnight. My Czech says it isn't far from where he lives (but says nothing is really far in his small country!! LOL)
    Thanks for sharing your photos dzurisova!

10. dzurisova

During the ceremony, my dad (the pastor officiating the wedding) was asking the vows, "do you take this woman..." and Martin wasn't listening instead looking into my eyes (sappy love stuff). Well it got to the point where Martin was suppose to say "I do" but was still just looking at me, not listening. So my dad said loudly, "Well, you either do or you don't!" We all started laughing and our photographer caught the perfect picture. :)

11. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Great story! :lol:

12. kilosierra

How funny!!!! Was there someone also to say the vows in Czech or to translate to his family who did not speak English?? I thought of how cool it would be to say my vows in Czech if we were to get married!! Maybe I should start working on that ....... just in case!!! :wink:

13. dzurisova

Yes, Martin's dad translated. The only American's there were my parents & my kids, our photographer (family friend) and martin's daughter's boyfriend.

Also, there were a lot of religious traditions that aren't in most Czech weddings such as the unity candle and communion. I prepared a small antiqued paper scroll the ushers handed to the guests as they came in the chapel that explained (in Czech) these two parts of the ceremony.

We also prepared book marks to give to all the guests at the reception that had scriptures (love scriptures) written in Czech.

It was funny because most American weddings speak a lot about God (what God has joined together, let no man..." we also had prayer & communion. At the reception, the guests took a while to really let loose and party. I asked Martin what the problem was and he said, "They've never heard God mentioned so much in their entire lives as they did in the last 30 minutes. They don't know how to act." There were bottles of slivovice on the table and an open bar so I told Martin to tell them all to "drink up!" lol

I think you'll really enjoy your wedding there. If you take out the cost of airfare, it's actually much cheaper to get married there. The only downfall to it is that obviously not all your friends/family here in the States will be able to attend. However, when we returned from our honeymoon, we had a reception here in the States to celebrate with those who couldn't come to CR.