Help Please - Prague airport to Prague railway station

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by McCracken, May 20, 2009.

1. McCracken

McCracken Well-Known Member

Could anyone please give me an idea of the best way to get from Prague Airport to the main railway station with a large group of people?

I will be travelling in July with a group of junior ice hockey players and I am mainly concerned about the transfer from the airport to the main railway station in Prague (the main worry being that we will obviously have a lot of luggage between us, including a large bag full of hockey sticks).

Are there special shuttle buses that run from the airport that will be able to accommodate all our bags?

We are travelling on to Olomouc. Is the Pendolino service to Olomouc much better than the ordinary express?

We normally fly to Brno but we need to travel via Prague this year.

2. Zik

Zik Well-Known Member

Well, don't you want to rent your own microbus? I know companies who will take you whereever you want, but I live in eastern Bohemia, so it probably would be much more exansive to come to Prague and back than the way in Prague. I think there will be users from Prague, who could recommand you.

Pendolino is a very good train and I've heard it's quie comfortable to go with Pendolino with the Czech Railways. If you are willing to invest in that, I think it would be the best choice.

3. McCracken

McCracken Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion Zik.

We would prefer to use an airport/railway station link bus, if such a thing exists.

4. bibax

bibax Well-Known Member

Linka AE:

Terminál 1
    Terminál 2
    Dejvická
    Masarykovo nádraží
    Hlavní nádraží

51 min.
    50 Kč
    5h - 22h

5. McCracken