Ikea at Cerny Most as meeting place?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by cestina, May 20, 2009.

1. cestina

cestina Active Member

If someone is driving in from Dresden would Ikea at Cerny Most be a good place to meet a group of people coming from various directions, both by car and public transport? Is it easy to find from the Dresden motorway? She doesn't want to drive into Prague itself and I assume there is the usual good parking at Ikea there? (I only know the Zlicin one)

Also, how far is it to the Metro station on foot from Ikea as they will probably want to go into central Prague which I see is about 20mins by metro......

Or has anyone a better idea please?

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

According to map, Ikea is on opposide end of the shopping area from metro. Globus parking lot is probably better choice.

[​IMG]

3. cestina

cestina Active Member

Timing may be an issue - I can see us all converging at slightly different times - I take it that Globus has the usual cafeteria? Or does it just have fancy coffee shops in it so that one set of people might be sitting in one place, one in another?

I have vivid memories of waiting for my brother for two hours in Fenwicks in London, both of us blissfully unaware that there were two restaurants :( It was before the days of mobile phones so rude accusations flew down the line once we were both home again.....

4. eso

eso Well-Known Member

5. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I do not understand why Černý Most... while arriving by car from Dresden direction, Letňany Shopping centre is much more convenient. Černý Most is towards Liberec and/or Hradec Králové.

6. cestina

cestina Active Member

Letnany would be fine but someone was saying it wasn't too easy to find off the Dresden motorway......and where would you suggest as a good meeting place? Ikea Restaurant is unmistakeable which is why I thought of it....

7. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

OK if Letňany Shopping Centre is not easy to find off the Dresden motorway, I have to repeat Cerny Most Shopping Centre is not at Dresden motorway at all - so you have to drive some 10 km through Prague to reach it.

Just before Prague there is exit for Čakovice and Ďáblice, you keep going on towards Prague and in few secs you will see Tesco Letňany on your left. Exit the highway and go left on first crossroad.

[​IMG]

You will come from "Centrum/Teplice" direction. Just in the middle of the centre there is Fontana Food Court with several fast food restaurants.

8. cestina

cestina Active Member

Thanks, that's very helpful. I had realised that Cerny Most was not on that motorway but I thought there was a motorway link from one to the other...I'll see if I can find the name of a restaurant in the fast food court at Letnany, that sounds the easiest.

Is the metro close by? I can't spot it on that useful map.....

9. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

From Letňany Metro station there is free shuttle, taking 5 minutes to get there, going every 10-12 minutes. Regular buses are going that direction as well.

According to http://www.oc-letnany.cz there are other options too:
    From Palmovka Metro bus nr. 140 - takes 15 minutes
    From Skalka or Vysočasská Metro bus nr. 195
    From Nádraží Holešovice or Černý Most Metro bus nr. 186

10. cestina

cestina Active Member

Does the free bus go from Kika to the metro as well - Kika seems to be in a slightly different place from the main shopping centre?

11. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Hey that's impressive. The shopping center has it's own outdoor children's playground. That's nice having so much green space in the front of the shopping center. Ours are always completely surrounded by parking.

linky OCL...I wonder what that means....some kind of local shuttle?

12. bibax

bibax Well-Known Member

OCL means Obchodní centrum Letňany. Linka OCL is a free local shuttle between the OCL and the nearest underground station. In fact it is willy-nilly (volky nevolky) paid by the OCL shopping centre customers. :)

13. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

If we could convince more people to use public transportation (and had decent public transportation), we could have green space too.

Had a couple of guys from Prague Airport visiting ours last year - they were amazed at the amount of parking we have. The area of all our parking garages floors laid side by side would completely cover all of downtown Tampa - that's a lot of parking. :x

14. cestina

cestina Active Member

In the end we settled for meeting at the Park and Ride at Letnany Metro station. It worked brilliantly. 10kc for whole day parking, a very helpful attendant who sorted out friend's metro ticket for her and also remembered where her car was when we were later searching for it before she got back.

Thanks for all the help on this thread :)