My trip to Prague - Whats on?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by najcymru, Apr 30, 2004.

1. najcymru

najcymru New Member

Hi all...... hope you can help me!

i am going to Prague on the evening of the 6th of June and leaving on the evening of the 9th. I am really looking forward to it...... and really wanted to go to the opera with my girlfriend, but there does not seem to be one on!!!!!! i am very disappointed, but is there anything else on in the evenings ofthe 7th or 8th????

We are interested in anything cultural, musical, etc...... please help!

Thank you,

Neil

2. amraam_7

amraam_7 Well-Known Member

you might like something in the national theatre, check this page, you van view the programme for opera or drama or ballet in english
    http://www.nd.cz/

3. mandrake

mandrake New Member

i can suggets the prague symphony orchestra in the municipal house on june 8
    the building itself is well worth a look inside nice art deco and a beautiful bar (the american bar)in the basement
    I was there last year and heard Mozart the ticket cost me 1000 ckr that was the most expensive and I was sitting upstairs overlooking the beautiful concert hall.
    The cheapest ticket was about 400 ckr.
    I dont know if you have to order ticket in advance I just walked past and bought mine 5 minuttes before the concert started.

anyway here is a link
    www.obecnidum.cz it has an english link on top left

4. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Search for STAVOVSKE DIVADLO, Don Givanni which is great opera¨. Unfortunately, Narodni Divadlo is always closed in summer.