Travel to Prague

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by ChristyC, Dec 20, 1999.

1. ChristyC

ChristyC New Member

I went to Prague as part of my vacation to Eastern Europe and really enjoyed it alot. So much history that I never realized, they never teach us that stuff in school. The food was much better than I had expected, and the beer too. I went to a place that specialized in Crepes and also had a great time in U Fleku beer hall. It is a shame that there is no beer here in the USA like there is in Prague. I didn't get a chance to see any other parts of the Czech Republic, but was impressed overall with the hospitality of the people. Has anyone been to any other city in the Czech Republic? Some backpackers told me that they highly reccommended it, but of course I hadn't made the plans for extra time as I had to catch my flight home. Love the crystal there too!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are so many beautiful places in the Czech Republic! My favorite is in South Bohemia, a small village called Cesky Krumlov. It is very close, so it could even be a day trip. Many tour companies sell day trips there. Also, I highly recommend: Karlovy Vary ( a spa town where Mozart once visited), Marianske Lazne, Kutna Hora and several local castles, including Karlstejn, Krivoklat, Loket & Hluboka.