Hostel Question

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by frequent_flyer, May 16, 2004.

1. frequent_flyer

frequent_flyer New Member

Ahoj!

Newbie here. 8)

Czech bound in mid-June for 11 days. Spending 3-4 days in Prague. Recommendations for good hostel with single room in Prague 1 or 2?

Děkuji!!

2. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a single room, be prepared to pay more money (especially in Prague).

I have stayed in hostels in the Czech Republic, but never in Prague. So I guess I can't really help you... sorry.

3. magan

magan Well-Known Member

There is one in Dlouha, which is really good centre location, but I have never stayed there, onlz walked by many times. I would suggest search for in on internet and than check location on Praha map. I am sure that many on are on internet under PRAHA HOSTEL. Reservation is necessary at that time as Praha is crawling with tourists. Good luck.

4. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

We provide a way to book youth hostels in Prague and elsewhere right on this site at http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/a ... stels.html

The service is offered by a very reputable company and you pay nothing extra for booking through My Czech Republic. Every penny we make from commissions helps us maintain and grow this website. Thank you!!

5. ondrejana

ondrejana Well-Known Member

The hostel to which magan refers on Dlouha street is called Travellers' Hostel, and its website: www.travellers.cz
    Pretty reasonable and very close to Josefov

The one that I think is a pretty good steal is on Havelska (where the market is) and is called Avalon Pension, Havelska Ulice 15
    email: avalon-tara@volny.cz

A complete dive of a hostel, located on top of Praha's oldest swimming/sport society in mala strana (Ujezd Street), but super cheap is Hostel Sokol
    In June, prices were 350 Kc for a dorm room (shared) and 900 Kc for a double

Hope that this may help your search, perhaps?
    Jana

6. Rushy

Rushy Member

avoid hostel stravhov its a total dive, very much like the green mile. its also quite away from the centre of prague.

rushy

7. Paisley Buddie

Paisley Buddie New Member

I've stayed in the Arpacay Hostel before and will be staying there again in 2 weeks time.

It's in Prague 5 so a bit out from the City Centre but is right beside the Smichov Train station where the Metro and trams also stop.

Its clean, cheap has free internet and includes breakfast. Here's their website, http://www.arpacayhostel.com/index_eng.html