Mobile Phones and Electricity

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by PatK100, May 16, 2004.

1. PatK100

PatK100 Active Member

Hi

Visiting the Czech Republic for the first time in July - wondered if my UK mobile phone that is enable for International Roaming will work over in Prague, I am with Vodafone in the UK.

Also what voltage is the electricty in the Czech Republic.

Please email me or PM me.

Many thanks

Pat

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

The voltage is 230 V, but you shall need a continental plug - different from the British one.

Your cell phone will almost certainly work here, if it is able to work on 900 or 1800 MHz frequency. I think whole Europe uses the same technical standards for cell phones, so this should be OK.

3. PatK100

PatK100 Active Member

Wonderful - many thanks for your help

4. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi Pat, just so you know, this question is answered in the topic Power Supplies in Czech republic as well as on the main site at http://www.myczechrepublic.com/basics/facts.html.

Before posting a question, it's good to do a search first to make sure that the question has not already been answered. You can search these boards by using the 'Search' link in the yellow navigation strip at the top. You can also search the whole website (www.myczechrepublic.com) by using the 'Search' feature in the top left of every page. Just type in 'voltage' and you got your answer! :)

Dana

5. zzt834

zzt834 New Member

i've used mobile phone from uk to czech already and that's all right!