Travel from Prague to Jihlava

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Jackie, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Jackie

Jackie New Member

My colleague and I need to travel from Prague to Jihlava for a meeting at 10am next Wednesday morning. What is the best way to travel? Is there a train? We could hire a car, but will it be easy to find the right route and how long will it take?
    Any advice would be very welcome!
    Jackie

2. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi Jackie,

I have traveled to Jihlava from Prague a few times and have always taken the bus. I think it's a good way to travel and typically takes 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 50 minutes.

There is some information on traveling by train and bus outside of Prague on My Czech Republic at http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/trains_buses.html. You will find a link on that page to the official site for checking bus and train schedules.

3. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Jackie,

The train ride from Prague to Jihlava requires at least one change of trains (i.e. there is no direct rail line between the two cities). In fact the online train schedule seemed to indicate that it requires two changes. I would definitely recommend the bus for this trip!

4. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Thanks for these comments. We will definitely take your advice and avoid the train journey!