Travel tickets

Where to go? What to see? How to get there?

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, Dana

Argyle

Travel tickets

Postby Argyle » 17-Aug-03 16:15

Hi everyone, I'm due to go to Prague for the first time in a couple of weeks and have a little question about the tickets for metro/bus/tram. I will be getting a 7 day ticket (250cz?) does this entitle me to travel on any public transport in any direction for the whole of the 7 days??
Thanks
My Czech Republic
Site Admin

Postby My Czech Republic » 17-Aug-03 22:59

Argyle,

A short-term ticket is good for transportation on the Prague metro, trams, buses, and the funicular in any direction. The 7-day ticket is valid for 168 hours from the time of first use. When you first use the ticket, you will stamp it in the machine on a bus or tram or upon entering the metro.

According to the Prague Public Transit website, the current price for a 7-day ticket is 250 Kč.

[This message has been edited by My Czech Republic (edited 17-08-2003).]
Argyle

Postby Argyle » 17-Aug-03 23:27

So to clarify this, during the 7 days I can travel on any mode of transport with just the one ticket?
My Czech Republic
Site Admin

Postby My Czech Republic » 17-Aug-03 23:34

Yes, just carry the ticket with you and you won't need anything else for public transportation within the Prague city limits.
Andy

Postby Andy » 17-Aug-03 23:37

The website is www.dp-praha.cz with english version, I use the 7 day ticket to travel anywhere within Prague on metro, tram or bus when I visit....but check this website it may help. Enjoy your visit. Andy
Lorenzo

Postby Lorenzo » 17-Aug-03 23:40

Hi Argyle,

If I'm not mistaken you can get a 14-day ticket for something like 30 crowns more than the 7-day one.
When you're in Prague you could go to PD Praha offices at I.P. Pavlova (close to the C line metro station) and ask for more detailed information and, of course, you can also buy your tickets there.

Lorenzo
Argyle

Postby Argyle » 18-Aug-03 0:30

Thanks everyone thats great, cant wait to get there!