Travel tickets

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Argyle, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Argyle

Argyle Member

Hi everyone, I'm due to go to Prague for the first time in a couple of weeks and have a little question about the tickets for metro/bus/tram. I will be getting a 7 day ticket (250cz?) does this entitle me to travel on any public transport in any direction for the whole of the 7 days??
    Thanks

2. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

Argyle,

A short-term ticket is good for transportation on the Prague metro, trams, buses, and the funicular in any direction. The 7-day ticket is valid for 168 hours from the time of first use. When you first use the ticket, you will stamp it in the machine on a bus or tram or upon entering the metro.

According to the Prague Public Transit website, the current price for a 7-day ticket is 250 Kč.

[This message has been edited by My Czech Republic (edited 17-08-2003).]

3. Argyle

Argyle Member

So to clarify this, during the 7 days I can travel on any mode of transport with just the one ticket?

4. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

Yes, just carry the ticket with you and you won't need anything else for public transportation within the Prague city limits.

5. Andy

Andy Member

The website is www.dp-praha.cz with english version, I use the 7 day ticket to travel anywhere within Prague on metro, tram or bus when I visit....but check this website it may help. Enjoy your visit. Andy

6. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

Hi Argyle,

If I'm not mistaken you can get a 14-day ticket for something like 30 crowns more than the 7-day one.
    When you're in Prague you could go to PD Praha offices at I.P. Pavlova (close to the C line metro station) and ask for more detailed information and, of course, you can also buy your tickets there.

Lorenzo

7. Argyle

Argyle Member

Thanks everyone thats great, cant wait to get there!