matilda 3 day pass and best guide book

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by chuggler, Sep 5, 2003.

1. chuggler

chuggler New Member

Hi
    can anyone tell me if the matilda 3 day pass will get us from the airport to the city centre - if yes where can you buy them from. If no can we buy transfer tickets from the airport or do you get them on the bus?

Also can anyone recommend a good phrasebook and city guide

I would be grateful for any information

thanks

mel

2. Andy

Andy Member

Ahoj,

The transport website is www.dp-praha.cz this will provide you with all the info you need. There should be a tourist information desk in arrivals at the airport which I never realised where you can buy the 3 day ticket at 200kc. To get to the centre you catch bus 19 by just crossing the small road outside arrivals, If you are unable to get the 3 day pass, there is a machine by the stop where you can buy a 12kc ticket which will be valid for 60 minutes. Once on the bus punch it into the yellow machines that you will see. If you do not have change you can buy a ticket off the driver. The bus stops at Dejvicka where there is a ticket desk in the metro where you can buy the 3 day pass if you cannot get it at the airport. The 3 day ticket will be valid for all transport, bus, tram, metro in prague including the airport.

I am english and the phrasebook I first had was 'Czech - the rough guide' and published by Rough Guides. I found it useful with some handy tips and phrasebook.

Hope this helps

Andy

3. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

The bus number is 119, not 19.

4. chuggler

chuggler New Member

Thanks Andy and Jana for the info, it is much appreciated.

mel