Visiting on a Sunday

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Ziad, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Ziad

Ziad New Member

Hi all,
    This site is great! I will be coming to Prague on Dec 14th, just on a connection flight. But I will be going out in the city for the day, and I was wondering if anyone had input on what I can do for fun and tourism on that Sunday. I'm into good food, good architecture, trying new things in a different culture, so please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

All the best,
    Ziad

2. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi Ziad,

You will see beautiful architecture everywhere in the city center - the Old Town, Mala Strana, Prague Castle Area - so you won't need to go looking for it. As far as food goes, there are many restaurants in Prague, serving all kinds of food. If you want to experience something truly Czech, I'd suggest you have lunch at a restaurant that serves Czech meals. And to kill two birds with one stone, you might as well go to a place that has a unique atmosphere. One suggestion would be the Novomestsky pivovar (New Town Brewery) that consists of a maze of intertwined gothic cellars. The food is good there (can be heavy so keep that in mind if you're catching a long flight later that day), the beer is good too and is made on the premises. You can read about the restaurant here:
    http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/prague_pubs.html

Enjoy your trip!

3. bita

bita New Member

I just got back from being in Prague for a week. My suggestion is to go the Astronomical clock in Old Town Square. They have tours leaving starting at 9a.m. or so till about 2 p.m. You can do a "Best of Prague tour" which is about 4 hours and will give you a really good overview of the city. You don't need reservations, just show up at the clock. There are tourguides holding different color umbrellas. People just congregate there and go on different tours. I think it's the best way to go if you only have a day.

Have fun. It's the most beautiful city in the world.
    bita