Arlington Hotel

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by chazzauk, Feb 6, 2004.

1. chazzauk

chazzauk Active Member

i am visiting prague in august and am considering booking at hotel Arlington, the address is:
    HOTEL ARLINGTON
    Kurta Konráda 22
    190 00 Praha 9
    Czech Republic

is this hotel of a decent quality? and how good/bad is the location.

How do i get there from the airport.

thaks for any help

charlie

2. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

Hi Charlie,

You can read about and book the Arlington Hotel on our site here. Unfortunately, I don't have personal experience with the hotel and don't know the area either. Maybe someone else knows?

The street on which the hotel is located is near the Českomoravská metro station (line B). To get there from the airport, take bus 119, which will get you to Dejvická (metro line A). Take the metro 4 stops to Můstek. Change to line B and take it 6 stops to Českomoravská. From there, it's only 3-4 blocks to walk to the hotel. Our Prague Transportation System section provides detailed information about transportation from the airport.

Dana
    My Czech Republic

3. chazzauk

chazzauk Active Member

is the arlington hotel located close to the centre?

is it in an area close to pubs?

thanks

charlie

4. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

Judging by the map at
    mapy.altas.cz

it is quite far from the centre, but there is a metro station just few blocks away.

Edited by My Czech Republic - linked directly to interactive map

5. chazzauk

chazzauk Active Member

Has anybody visited the Arlington Hotel recently?

if so can you please give me some information on the exact lcoation and how accessible it is; how to get there from the airport, etc. and the general quality of your stay. Also can you please advise me on how far this is from the old and new centre.

thank you

6. ondrejana

ondrejana Well-Known Member

Hi C,

Dana and Halef gave you the most precise information that you could need to find your hotel.

i believe it's in Praha 9, an area called Vysocany, very close to Liben.

Just follow Dana's advice from the airport, and once you get off of the Ceskomoravska stop (B line), your metro station is in between the streets U Skladky and Konvarska. Just head southwest THREE BLOCKS, and you are on Kurta Kondrada.. Find 22 (address)

I know nothing about the safety of that area.. just that there was a humungous ice arena built very close-by to host a very popular tournament just a few mos. past.

What I do know: your underground/subway 'trek' into Praha 1 will take you approximately 20-30 minutes, especially if you need to transfer at the Florenc station. You could, of course, opt to take by foot from there and wander into the city centre!

You're not terribly far away... does this help you any?

Jana
    PS Halef's advice about utilizing the mapy software is the best advice yet. what I think is an awesome program, tells you so much more than just streets...the interactive map is actually annotated; just drag your mouse over certain spots to get more 411 on the neighborhood