Looking for American woman for introductory tour of Prague

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Denise Marie, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Denise Marie

Denise Marie New Member

Hello everyone!
    I am coming to Prague from Venice, Italy next week with a friend. We are leaving the husbands behind to take a 3 night break to see this lovely city we have heard great things about.
    We are both American woman in our late 30's/very early 40's, in fact I am coming for my 41st b-day!
    I would like to find an American woman preferably our age, that has some free time to take us for a walking tour of the city. We don't need a historical tour, just to be shown around, maybe to the major sites by tram together, and to just to hang out with to get an introduction to Prague and perhaps some pointers.
    We would prefer that she has lived there for quite a while and knows the city well.
    We are hoping to pay in Euros, 30 Euros for 3 hours of your time. Again we don't need or want a licensed guide, just a get to know the city tour. Any interest?
    I: Denise (from Boston) and Susan (from Arizona) We both live in Venice now, I have for 10 years and Susan just a few months. I am married, have a 12 yr. old dog-hter and a small business, Susan is writing her memoirs and has a 16 yr. old cat named Mr. Peobody. We both love animals, are fun and easy going and hope to make a new friendship with you.
    We would reciprocate in our city should you come for a visit.
    email me soon please: venicerentals2@hotmail.com[/i]

2. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Hope you find someone to take you up on your request but, don't limit yourself to just American women. There are a great many people in Prague from all over the world who speak excellent English - might give your visit a different slant.

Anyway, have a great visit and happy early birthday. :)

3. Denise Marie

Denise Marie New Member

Thank you Glen for your reply. I see you are from Tampa. I lived in Tampa for 2 years with my Venetian husband approx. 8 yrs. ago. I had a little shop on MacDill selling Venetian glass and artwork. My father also lived in Clearwater area for over 12 years until he recently moved to Tennessee.
    I guess I should have written any English speaker, you are correct. Hopefully someone will answer us before we depart on Thanksgiving Day. By the way, do you have a fav. place for a turkey meal that day? Home sick too even living in Venice.
    Thanks again.
    Denise

4. GlennInFlorida

Take a look at

http://www.praguepost.com/articles/2007 ... gobble.php

I haven't had Thanksgiving in Prague but I have eaten at Jama and Bohemia Bagel - I don't think you could go wrong in either one. Jama has great American style hamburgers and Buffalo wings, Bohemia Bagel has a real American style breakfast (eggs, bacon, home fries) and I would think their Thanksgiving fare would be authentic, too. They are good places to go if you get a little homesick.

BTW - I live just a block and a half west of MacDill, about ten blocks north of Kennedy - small world!

5. Denise Marie

Denise Marie New Member

Thank you for that site. Yes, it sure is a small world. BTW, two people answered my ad! I will meet them both, sound super nice.
    Thanks again,
    Denise

6. GlennInFlorida

Great!
    Have a wonderful trip - I'm sure you will love Prague!

7. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board and Happy Birthday. :)