Wine Festival in Uherske Hradiste

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Sparta, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Sparta

Sparta New Member

I am visiting Moravia in September and would like to attend a wine festival(s). I have read about the one in Uherske Hradiste and wondered if any one heard of this?

2. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

slavnosti vína v Uherském Hradišti September 13-14th, 2008. The pages (in czech) are not completely actualised, but give the basic information.

3. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I have a Moravian friend who claims there is some sort of famous dungeon/cellar/basement in Moravia where you sit and drink the wine and it is sooooo good that you can drink it and don't know that you are getting drunk, but then (as you feel completely fine) you try to stand up and suddenly fall down drunk. He says rarely does someone walk out of this place, they are carried. When he spoke of it, everyone else in the room knew of it as well even though not all were Moravian nor did they become friends until living in the States so it must be a famous/fun place to go. Perhaps someone here has an idea of what I'm talking about.

Perhaps you would enjoy going there.

4. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Well, I think every second Moravian village house has such cellar :)
    It's called "vinný sklípek" :)

5. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

thanks eso, it looks like a fun place to visit. It appears from the pics, it even has a hotel for those who need it. :)

6. Sparta

Sparta New Member

Thanks everyone for the information. And I really enjoyed the pictures.