Plzen to Cesky Budajovice

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Dodo10, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Dodo10

Dodo10 Member

Dear All: We are a group of 4 and would like to go from Plzen to Cesky Budajovice. However, I can't find any train schedule for that on Idos. I'm wondering if there's any other website that I can check the timetable for this trip? Could anyone suggest which one would be better, by train or bus? Thank you in advance.

2. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi Dodo10,

Enter Ceske Budejovice into IDOS. I did not see a direct bus, but there are some direct trains that take around 2 hours.

3. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Idos works fine, but you have to spell the town names correctly.

You can use it both with accents (Plzeň, České Budějovice) and without accents (Plzen, Ceske Budejovice).

4. Dodo10

Dodo10 Member

Thank you so much for both of your answers.

5. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

Remember, you can probably buy a group train ticket which will save you some money.

6. Dodo10

Dodo10 Member

Thank you for your advice. If I need to buy a group train ticket, how can I purchase that? Could I be able to use English communicate with the people at the counter? Or would you suggest me to purchase from tourist information office, if they can sell train ticket?

Thank you!

7. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

In every bigger town there is "International counter" where, I hope, should be staff able to speak english.

I can tell you how group discount works (at least within Czech rep., I do not know about international tickets).

1. person - 100% of price
    2.-30. person - 50% of price

So when the single ticket costs 100 CZK, two people pay 150, three people 200 CZK ...

You do not need to ask for this discount, you will get it automatically if you but the same route for the same day for more than one person.

8. Dodo10

Dodo10 Member

Wow, that's cool. Thank you so much.