Bus/Train Prague to Rozenberg

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Bertos, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Bertos

Bertos New Member

Hi,

Does anyone have any details of the train or buses that go from Prague to Rozemberg (South Bohemia). Timetables, price, etc.

Any details would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bertos

2. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Use IDOS. You will get both times and prices there.

Place you are looking for is probably Rožmberk, little town with famous castle:

[​IMG]

I have never been there, but planning a visit weekend after next :), nice coincedence :)

3. Bertos

Bertos New Member

Thanks DJ,

That's exactly the place alright. I'm not over these until the end of May but just want to be clear how to get there. Actually staying in a Pesnion in Horni Dvoriste which is closeby.

Let me know how your trip goes.

Bertos

4. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

So, I am back. I visited castles Telč, Landštejn, Nové Hrady, Rožmberk, Roštejn; Vyšší Brod monastery, town centers of České Budějovice and Písek, Lipno dam, Kleť mountain (skyline cableway, view-tower, and famous observatory), and visitors center of Temelín nuclear power plant.

Best of:

Castle - Rožmberk
    Town - both nice

Surprise - Roštejn - nice castle in forests between Telč and Jihlava, I have never heard about it before, so I had no expectation - worth to visit.

Visitors center of Temelín really was one of the best, really nice exposition about nuclear energy and Temelín NPP, device to "unhide" alpha and beta radiation around us, and IMAX-style 3D movie.

I really enjoyed my trip, will post some pictures as soon as I process them.

If you need some info about places I visited this week, do not hesitate to ask.

5. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

As I promised, I picked some of the best pictures I took during my trip, so here they are:

Telč:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Landštejn:
    [​IMG]

Nové Hrady:
    [​IMG]

Lipno dam:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rožmberk:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Vyšší Brod monastery:
    [​IMG]

Kleť:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

České Budějovice:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Temelín NPP - Green energy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tálínskej rybník
    [​IMG]

Písek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roštejn:
    [​IMG]

6. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Great photos.

7. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Thanks for sending those photos djavatar.
    Those are beautiful.
    I really liked that colorful town in the bend of that river. Looking down from some upper floor.
    I haven't seen a working nuclear plant in years. Those towers are quite a sight. I think that form of energy production will be getting more popular here again, with the higher prices on world oil and such.
    I wonder what those structures are in front of that bridge. Are those to divert the force of flood waters away from the footings of the bridge?

8. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Super photos! Thanks!

9. wer

wer Well-Known Member

No, they are there to stop the solid bodies which could block the way for the water or damage the pillars. Typically it is protection against ice blocks during spring floods. It is called “ledolam” (← led + lámat) in Czech and “ice-apron” in English.

I understand you needn’t it in hot and flat Florida :D.

The same structures are in front of the Charles Bridge.

[​IMG]

10. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Ah, I see....ledolamy.
    The towns and cities are so picturesque.
    All the tourists on the bridge.

Maybe Glenn can send you some pictures of the 'dolphins' we have in front of pillars on our bridge. To protect them from wayward cargo ships.

11. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member