15 day transport ticket

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Ani, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Ani

Ani Well-Known Member

I've been organising my annual summer trip to Prague and have noticed on the website that the 15 day transport ticket does not seem to exist any more. Has it been scrapped?

2. wer

wer Well-Known Member

3. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

There is, however, a 30 day photo id pass for only 50kc more than the 5 day pass - still a good deal if you are there more than a week (unfortunately you can't give your unused time to a friend in Prague like I used to do with the 15 day passes). I usually use the tram/metro at least 4 to 6 times a day so even the 30 day pass is better than individual 26kc tickets over a period of the 12 days or so that I usually stay.

4. Ani

Ani Well-Known Member

Thanks both of you. I already have a photo id pass, so I'll just buy the 30day ticket and use that. Haven't the prices shot up though!

5. GlennInFlorida

Yes but, by comparison a 30 pass for the subway in New York is $81 and a one day pass for all lines in Tokyo is almost $16 (they don't have 30 day passes). Even here in Tampa with our lousy once-every 30 minutes-at best bus service the fee is $50 for 31 days - the 30 day pass in Prague for all modes of transportation combined and unlimited is only a little over $34 - still a great bargain.

6. Ani

Ani Well-Known Member

Back again :) So a friend of mine kindly offered to buy the 30 day ticket for me in advance but when she went to get it, she was told that only the 5day ticket exists. Could anyone help with where to buy the 30 day or 1 month ticket please?

Many thanks :)

7. Ani

Ani Well-Known Member

ok problem solved. My friend didn't realise that I already have a photo ID and that is why the lady in the metro told her that only a 5 day ticket was available.

8. GlennInFlorida

ummm...
    so what does it take to get a photo ID?

9. Ani

Ani Well-Known Member

I remember getting mine down in the metro station (either Muzeum or Mustek at the bottom of Vaclavak, I confuse the two). I had taken passport size photos with me which I had taken at Tesco's and then filled out a form at the ticket office down there. There was a very nice, helpful lady behind the counter as this was more than 5 years ago and my czech was practically non-existent then. I had then paid for my 30day ticket plus a charge for the transport pass. As I said this was over 5 years ago and hopefully I've remembered everything or that things haven't changed since then :)