Weather wear

Where to go? What to see? How to get there?

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, Dana

tnvol66

Weather wear

Postby tnvol66 » 15-Sep-08 17:16

Hi again everyone, I hope I'm putting this in the correct place. Its a week now that I will arrive on my first vist to Prague and the Czech Republic and I was wondering if anyone could let me know what type of weather to expect during my two week stay Sep 22 thru Oct 6. I think I'm set, if I can just get the packing done! Thanks all, and have a great day.
eso

Postby eso » 15-Sep-08 18:13

tnvol66 wrote:Hi again everyone, I hope I'm putting this in the correct place. Its a week now that I will arrive on my first vist to Prague and the Czech Republic and I was wondering if anyone could let me know what type of weather to expect during my two week stay Sep 22 thru Oct 6. I think I'm set, if I can just get the packing done! Thanks all, and have a great day.

Right now is pretty cold - 5-8°C (41-46°F) during day and during night temperature could drop under 0°C (32°F).
When in trouble or in doubt,
run in circles scream and shout.
Polednikova

Postby Polednikova » 16-Sep-08 7:38

We've gone from t-shirts to anoraks in two days and something tells me that we're not going to be back in t-shirts again this year! It's 7 degrees at the moment - 7.37am and it was 11 degrees when we went to bed last night.
Alena

Postby Alena » 16-Sep-08 8:22

Polednikova wrote:We've gone from t-shirts to anoraks in two days and something tells me that we're not going to be back in t-shirts again this year! It's 7 degrees at the moment - 7.37am and it was 11 degrees when we went to bed last night.

I all understand. Seems more that the heating period's just started :?
Ktot

Postby Ktot » 16-Sep-08 13:29

I know, it was practically over-night! The heat in my building was finally turned on today. It's as though they considered holding out, but gave up.

My students tell me that there will be a babí léto (Indian summer), though I'm not sure what makes them say so.
Alena

Postby Alena » 16-Sep-08 13:46

Ktot wrote:My students tell me that there will be a babí léto (Indian summer), though I'm not sure what makes them say so.

Přání je otcem myšlenky :)
Wish is a father of idea. Not sure how to translate it :?
kibicz

Postby kibicz » 16-Sep-08 15:17

I need my czenglish corrected! (including this signature;)
tnvol66

Postby tnvol66 » 16-Sep-08 18:33

Wow...glad I asked!!! Looks like I need to dig a jacket outta stoarage. Sounds kinda nice though after a hot and humid East Tennessee summer. Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm looking forward to arriving whatever the weather! Dobry vecer.
cestina

Postby cestina » 16-Sep-08 20:11

The Babi Leto is scheduled for the last week in Sept - beginning of October. Just when I am in England :(

It's really anyone's guess what clothes you might need. I've certainly been here in years where we have gone from t shirts to anoraks and back again more than once in the autumn......
MK

Postby MK » 16-Sep-08 21:51

Ktot wrote:I know, it was practically over-night! The heat in my building was finally turned on today. It's as though they considered holding out, but gave up.

My students tell me that there will be a babí léto (Indian summer), though I'm not sure what makes them say so.

They have it from weather forecast.

Heating period starts in CZ in middle of October and goes for 210 days. (hope I remmeber it correctly) There is also another rule for starting heating period: if after 1 September the temperature is 12 Celsius or lower for 3 subsequent days then heating period starts sooner. This rule turned your heating on.