Train From Prague to Berlin

Where to go? What to see? How to get there?

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, Dana

JMS

Train From Prague to Berlin

Postby JMS » 16-Sep-08 5:05

Greetings,

Can someone please tell me what the best way to get a train ticket to go from Prague to Berlin is? A number of sites seem to list it but with all sorts of different prices, and I am curious as to what the best and cheapest way to obtain the ticket is.

Thanks in advance.
Ktot

Postby Ktot » 16-Sep-08 13:22

www.idos.cz - site for Czech trains...says it takes about 4.5 hours, I don't know why it's not showing prices though, it usually does...

www.db.de - site for German trains. A quick search gives the price as 56,80 EUR. That is for one adult ticket, second-class, with no BahnCard (German discount card for trains).

Both sites have options where you can change them to English.

Reasons for the varied prices you're finding could be: based on the type of train, first or second class, adult or child or student, group tickets (if traveling with a group, on weekends you can sometimes get a cheaper ticket), one way or round trip, etc. Basically, check all the details for an explanation.
Yvan

Postby Yvan » 16-Sep-08 13:54

The most importat reason for doing taiji is that when you finally reach the place where you understand what life is about, you'll have some health to enjoy it.
JMS

Postby JMS » 18-Sep-08 2:49

Thank you both for all your help!!