Hi - Visiting Prague in November - Anyone going alone?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by polskacindy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. polskacindy

polskacindy Member

Hi --

I will be making a trip to Prague from November 19 to December 3 and was wondering if anyone would be traveling alone and needed some company to see the sites with. This is my first time and I am excited but a little apprehensive about getting around. I was wondering if anyone would like someone to see some sites with .... I am hoping this is okay to post.

Thank you

2. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

I was there on my own yesterday, it's not to difficult to get around, just print out a map for yourself and use the river to navigate, most of the sites are along the river or near the river, and if you keep it's location in your head you won't get lost.. so ok example.. what I did was I went from the bus station straight to the river (kind of instinctively, so I probably took an awkward route) then I headed towards what looked like it was the main part of the city.. walking along the river.. once I got to Karlof Most .. Charles Bridge.. I just wandered around, (followed the streams of Tourists etc.) then to get back to the bus station I was able to just follow the river and then take my original route back.

Dunno if that's any help to you or not!